Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Chapter 190

Emmie: "The most stupid sim in the family is cooking and no one is concerned about a possible fire?!"

Why is a kitten the one with the most sense in the household?

Deven: "That's one cruel kitten."

Deven: "She's making me nervous, how much salt and pepper should I add to the chilli? Help! I can't stop adding more!"

Gage is having a bit of a rough pregnancy, he's always got morning sickness. This is what it takes to bring gen 10 into the world, I guess... sorry, Gage.

Gage: "Chilli? You know I'm a vegetarian, right?"

Deven: "Gage said he's a vegetarian? Does that mean he's secretly a vegetable? I knew it!"

Paisley: "No, babe, a vegetarian is- never mind, the last time I tried to explain something to you, it went in one ear and out the other... literally."

Elijah: "I'll have Gage's chilli if he doesn't want it."

Elijah: "Isn't chilli for breakfast the best?"

Paisley: "Don't you think we'll be having diarrhea all night, though?"

Uh oh, after eating meat, Gage got really sick.

Deven: "What the heck? Why is Gage throwing up so much? It's getting all over the rug."

Oh, I don't know, because he doesn't eat meat!

Deven: "Why didn't anyone tell me he doesn't eat meat?!"

He did! That's what 'vegetarian' means, dummy!

Elijah: "I'm finally at peace out here away from my crazy family with my wonderful trash bag."

That's not why you came out here, you came out here to work.

Elijah: "Ugh, I forgot about that."

Elijah is drafting a new invention on his electronic drafting tablet!

He'll be mailing it to his boss afterwards. Hopefully he impresses her.

Looks like he's drafting a smog vacuum.

Deven: "I forgot how hard chess was... can I go back to knitting?"

Pippa: "I smell stupid in the air."

Emmie: "I smell craziness, but I won't let it take a hold of me."

That's what they all say.

Elijah: "A universal smog vacuum that is strong enough to vacuum up all the smog in the world? It sounds hard, but not impossible."

Hopefully the boss likes it.

Elijah: "I just realised I'm the one who's gonna have to invent the universal smog vacuum."

Good luck with that.

Elijah's next task of the day is to install a compost container on a toilet. Since the Parsons already have one (as you can tell by all the toilet fires), he'll be installing it on a neighbor's toilet. He's got the best guidance in the biz, though.

Paisley: "I'm so proud of you for following in my footsteps and installing eco upgrades in your neighbor's homes against their will, son."

Elijah: "Thanks, mom. You think they'll be able to stop us? I mean, this is kinda invasive."

Townie: "Hehe... what's an eco upgrade? Is that, like, a roller coaster or something?"

Paisley: "Looks like you're gonna have some luck here. Townies are usually very stupid."

Elijah: "Hey, I guess you're right. This should be easier than I thought."

Servo: "Please tell me you're not forcing me to do the eco upgrades."

Elijah: "Of course not, I'll do them myself!"

Off he goes.

Paisley: "I'm so proud of him. Remember when that was us?"

Servo: "It feels like just yesterday when you were forcing me to install eco upgrades to everyone's homes while you were grilling veggie burgers and playing with bugs... ah... good times."

Elijah can't be rude, of course. He'll knock first.

*Knock, knock, knock*

Elijah: "Uh... I'm barging into your home to install some eco upgrades."

Townie: "He's gonna install a roller coaster in our house? Awesome!"

Since when was an eco upgrade considered a roller coaster?

Elijah has begun upgrading the neighbor's toilet.

Paisley: "You know, this is great! Not only will the neighbors have a new eco upgrade in their homes, but they'll also be forced to purchase some bug boxes to empty the compost into, otherwise their toilet might set on fire!"

Servo: "It feels great forcing the townies to be eco friendly against their will!"

Paisley: "There's no greater feeling!"

Elijah: "Alright, I finished upgrading the neighbor's toilet, can I go home yet?"

Yep, you're done for the day.

Elijah: "Awesome!"

Servo: "Wait... what if the neighbor's toilet actually does catch on toilet and we're responsible for the damages?!"

Paisley: "In that case, I had nothing to do with any eco upgrades you've ever installed and we don't know each other."

Some much needed rest for Elijah after a long working day. He hasn't gotten much sleep lately.

Gage: "Neither have I."

Gage: "How much longer until I can pop this baby out already?"

Not much longer now!

Monster: "BORK, BORK! I'd better still get all the attention after the baby arrives!"

Deven: "I can't wait for my grandchild to wear this adorable toddler onsie I'm knitting."

Gage: "They won't be wearing it if it's ugly."

Servo: "Hey guys! Is it just me who feels extra energised today?! I just wanna run, run, run around for hours! Wait, I don't run, I hover! That's so cool, isn't it? Hey, who wants to run, wait, I mean HOVER a marathon?! Wouldn't that be so fun? While I have all this energy, I can do whatever I want, I'm invincible! I could destroy the entire sim race right now if I wanted to! Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!"

Gage: "Just when I thought the robot couldn't get any creepier."

Deven: "Even if Servo destroyed the entire sim race, I'd still think he's the coolest robot ever."

Deven: *Sigh* "Servo will always be cooler than me, won't he?"

Gage: "At least he won't always be more stupid than you."

Paisley: "Gage has roasts? Who knew?"

Happy birthday, Xylia!

Xylia aged up into a young adult!

Xylia: "Double heir?"

Nope, get out.

Gage: "Hooray for kicking everyone out!"

And then, there were 4.

Deven: "I can't wait for my grandchild to be born, I'll teach them everything I know about knitting."

Deven has been waiting for this for a while now!

Gage: "Do you really think our child will be crazy?"

Elijah: "Is that even a question? Have you seen my family?"

Gage: "I don't know, babe, generation 10 just might be the first sane sim around here."

Elijah: "You can keep on dreaming, but it's never gonna happen."

Sprinkles: "I've meowed many meows, but it's time for me to go."

Oh no!

Rest In Peace, Sprinkles Parsons. You were a lovely, beautiful cat, and you will be dearly missed.

Hello, again.

Grim Reaper: "I give up."

Grim Reaper: "Alright, who is it this time?"

Gage: *Gasp!* "Oh my gosh! Sprinkles died?!"

Gage: *Crying* "NO! This is so sad!"

Gage: "I can't believe she actually died!"

Grim Reaper: "He must be new around here."

Paisley: "What was your favorite show again?"
Grim Reaper: "The Real Housewives of Del Sol Valley."

Generation 10 will be here any day now, I'm so excited!

Grim Reaper: "Ugh, isn't the eco-friendly housewife so annoying?"

Paisley: "What did you just say?!"

Gage: "The faster the due date approaches, the more I'm worried that this baby will be crazy like the rest of the Parsons. Could it really be?"

Elijah: "Hehe... I love you, trash bag."

Gage: "It's inevitable, isn't it?"

I'm sorry to say, but yes, yes it is.

Come on, gen 10! You can come any time you want, we're all waiting!

Gage: "I wonder who the baby's favorite grandparent will be."

Deven: "Obviously me, I've already knitted hundreds of clothes for him or her."

Paisley: "Are you kidding me? I've made the world a better place for the baby to live in, I'll obviously be the favorite grandparent!"

Gage: "True, but the knitted onsies are too cute! I think Deven wins."

Deven: "I'm liking Gage more than my own kids."

Elijah: "Did you really take my spot as the favorite around here?"

Gage: "Hehe, I sure did! Sorry, babe."

Elijah: "I've been the favorite since I was born, though."

Gage: "Guess you'd better find a new hobby, then."

Gage: "Grims Quarry is so beautiful, I love everything about it!"

Elijah: "Yeah, it is. You know what I love everything about?"

Elijah: "Your sweet face."

Gage: "You do?"

Elijah: "Of course, how could I not? You're such a cutie pie."

Gage: "Oh, stop it, you... but keep it going."

Elijah: "You get cuter by the second."

Gage: "Ugh, and my belly gets bigger by the second."

Elijah: "It'll all be worth it when our crazy baby is here."

Gage: "Don't remind me of the crazy factor, please."

Elijah: "Anyways, I brought you down here for a different reason other than the beautiulness of Grims Quarry."

Gage: "Oh, you did?"

Elijah: "Yes, I did."

Elijah: "Gage, you're the love of my life. Will you marry me?"

Gage: *Gasp!* "Elijah!"

Gage: "Yes, yes, yes! Of course I'll marry you!"

Elijah: "Thank gosh!"

Gage: "Wow, this ring is so beautiful!"

Elijah: "I'm glad you like it, babe."

*Kiss*

Elijah and Gage are engaged!

They decided to get married right away in the same beautiful spot.

Gage: "You look so handsome in your suit."

Elijah: "So do you."

Aww, so cute!

Elijah: "I can't believe you agreed to marry my crazy butt."

Gage: "Right back at ya!"

Gage: "Elijah, you may be crazy, your whole family may be crazy, even your pets may be crazy..."

Elijah: "Uh... where are you going with this?"

Gage: "No matter how crazy it gets around here, I'll always be by your side."

This is so sweet!

Gage: "With this ring..."

Gage: "I thee wed!"

Elijah: "Wow!"

Elijah: "This ring is beautiful!"

I now pronounce you, husband and husband! May you live happily ever Parsons.

Gage: "I love you, Elijah Parsons."

Elijah: "And I love you more, Gage Parsons."

Elijah: "You wanna find a dumpster around here to celebrate?"

Gage: "Of course I do!"

Oh, come on!

Elijah: "I can't believe I'm actually married to the love of my life!"

After the beautiful wedding ceremony, another exciting thing happened! Gage went into labor, I'm so excited!

Generation 10 is finally on the way!

Elijah: "Uh... after making fun of Gage and the creator for dealing with the new crazy Parsons baby, I just realised that I'm also gonna be dealing with the new crazy Parsons baby."

Yep, buckle your seat belt, Elijah.

Good luck, Gage!

Gage: "I can't wait to finally pop this baby out!"

It's a girl! 💖 Introducing Brynlee Parsons!

Gage: "Come here, my little bb."

Gage: "Aww, you're a stinky little bb!"

Wow, I can't believe it! The Parsons have finally made it to 10 generations! I'm so happy and excited!

And, yes, my default baby skin broke with the new update.

Elijah: "I can't believe I'm a dad!"

These two are already amazing parents!

Servo: "I can't believe I've actually been stuck here since generation 2, and generation 10 is already here! Am I crying of sadness because I'll be stuck here for the rest of my days, or am I crying of happiness because I'm so proud? I don't know!"

Aww, Servo! The Parsons couldn't have done it without you!

Little Brynlee's diaper days flew by, and she has aged up into an adorable little toddler!

Elijah: "Come on, Brynlee! Come to daddy!"

Brynlee: "Huh?"

Elijah: "Walk to daddy, Brynlee! You can do it!"

Brynlee: "I can do it!"

Yay! Brynlee is walking!

Brynlee: "Yaaay! I did it!"

Brynlee: "Walking is hard!"

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.

Pippa: "I've got my eye on you, kid."

Brynlee: "That kitty is mean."

Brynlee: "Hi, daddy!"

Gage: "Hi there, princess! You ready to learn your manners?"

Brynlee: "I love manners!"

Gage: "My daughter is really well mannered and shy, how long does it take for the craziness to kick in, though?"

Usually it starts at birth, maybe Brynlee will be one of the few sane Parsons.

Emmie: "Another sane one? Finally!"

Brynlee is a lot more shy than anyone expected.

She didn't really enjoy learning to talk at all, she'd rather peacefully play with her dolls. Isn't she so adorable, though?

Aww, isn't this so adorable, too?

Paisley: "There's too much adorableness around here!"

Paisley: "I can't handle it!"

Gage: "Come on, Brynlee, don't you wanna make some friends when you grow up?"

Brynlee: "Friends?"

Brynlee: "Can't I just play with my dollies instead, daddy?"

Aww, she's so quiet and adorable!

Gage: "Are you sure we picked up the right baby at the hospital?"

Oop, who's birthday is it?

Deven: "I think it might be mine... is it?"

It sure is!

Deven: "Hey, I finally remembered my birthday for the first time in my life!"

Happy birthday, Deven!

And happy birthday, Paisley!

Deven aged up into an elder!

So did Paisley!

Aren't they the most adorable elders ever?

You're never too old to make out, apparently.

Deven: "You're still a great kisser, my love."

Paisley: "So are you, babe."

Aww, old love!

You know you're getting old when you're sitting in a rocking chair.

Deven: "It's comfortable, okay?"

Brynlee: "Um... can- can I p-please sit on the rocking chair, g-grandpa?"

Deven: "What was that, Brynlee? I couldn't hear you."

Poor little Brynlee is very shy and quiet.

Brynlee: "Can I please s-sit on the rocking chair, grandpa?"

Deven: "Of course you can!"

Brynlee: "Hehehehehe!"

Brynlee: "The rocking chair is so much fun!"

Brynlee: "Weeeeee!"

Brynlee: "I love the rocking chair!"

Brynlee: "Hehehe! It's so much fun!"

Looks like Brynlee owns this rocking chair now.

Paisley: "I wonder how long it'll take for the crazy to kick in."
Deven: "I think we may actually have a normal grandchild!"

I'm shocked, I thought gen 10 would be the craziest of them all, but she's so shy and quiet!

Deven has broken out the ol' knitting needles again.

Brynlee: "Knitting?"

Brynlee was immediately fascinated by knitting once she saw Deven knitting.

Deven: "What shall I knit today?"

Brynlee: "That looks like so much fun, grandpa!"

Brynlee: "I want to knit, when can I have a turn?"

Deven: "Looks like we finally found something that got her talking."

8 comments:

  1. Best update ever! :D So much excitement: a wedding, birthdays, a *baby*!

    Omigosh, another toilet composter. :P I'm with Servo: I anticipate toilet fires and townie fatalities.

    Happy Birthday, Xylia! :) I like her hopeful bid for double-heirs.

    Not Sprinkles, too! :( It was so cute that you had a grandma-cat.

    I love the idea of knitting baby clothes. :)

    Ahhh, the proposal and wedding in Grims Quarry! :) It was a lovely ceremony. They look so handsome in their formal wear. Gage is such a nice addition to the Parsons family. He fits in well, and I like the genes he's contributing to the baby pool.

    Welcome to the world, Brynlee! :D I'm so excited to meet you.

    Congratulations on making it to the tenth generation!! :) And bravo to Servo, too, for seeing it through. He connects all the generations.

    Brynlee is the cutest toddler ever. :) I'm so happy that she inherited violet eyes and Gage's hair colour. I love the way you've styled her, with that hair and outfit.

    I just love the animals in your game. Emmie makes the cutest expressions, and it was adorable to see Pippa grooming her baby. :)

    Deven and Paisly make good-looking seniors! :)

    It's nice that the Gen10 human and cat heirs have similar personalities: reserved, thoughtful, intelligent. We're witnessing the dawn of a new era in the Parsons household. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps Elijah knew what he was doing with installing the compost container in the townie's houses since the townies are pretty annoying. xD

      I miss Sprinkles already! :( She lived for a long time, but she was a great addition to the household!

      I love that sims can knit baby clothes now, but the only thing I don't like is that it broke the default baby CC! D:

      I'm so happy you loved the ceremony! I'm loving Gage's genetics too, his mint hair was actually requested a lot on my Instagram and I loved the idea!

      Thank you so much! It was a long road to get to gen 10, I'm so happy they've finally made it! I applaud Servo for dealing with these sims for so long.

      I don't wanna spoil anything, but I definitely want Brynlee to be the gen 10 heiress! I'm so happy you like her hair and outfit! Her outfit is from the new knitting pack, I love it so much!

      Pippa and Emmie are two of my favorite Parsons cats so far!

      It's most definitely the dawn of a new era, I never thought I'd see the day that the Parsons act sane!

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. > I definitely want Brynlee to be the gen 10 heiress

      YAY!! :D I was thinking exactly the same thing.

      Delete
  2. I know you're almost at Gen 20 now but getting to 10 generations is such an achievement. I have never got there myself, I usually get bored by the 3rd-4th gen. But it seems you're keeping it interesting by moving around and "removing" all their money haha.

    I can't wait to see everything that happens with the Parsons in the next 10 generations and beyond, I'm slowly making my way though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading all the way to gen 10! This was the first sims family I ever made that I've made it this far with, I used to only get to about gen 3-4 as well. xD I can't wait to watch the Bequest family make it to gen 10 also!

      I appreciate you reading and your comments so much!

      Delete
    2. I hope I can get them there, I've taken a bit of a break but I'm still planning on playing them, I want to see what else the Acting career has to offer and see what Avery is like as a Young Adult. The twins have pushed me away a little, kinda scared of twin infants hahaha

      Delete
  3. I have thoroughly been enjoying this legacy and so happy to know that there are still many more generations to come - Congratulations on making it to 10 and beyond. You are making me want to do a legacy of my own - my record has been generation 6 but this is inspiring!

    I'm trying to figure out your Instagram and Tumblr (I'm new to them) and I see that you have alot of the recolors of the hairs on there - I didn't see the males but I may not be looking in the right spot. I watched your YouTube tutorial and may try to do it myself but it seems to be quite a process.

    Anyway, great job on an incredible story that you are telling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you reading so far along, and I'm so happy to hear you've enjoyed the chapters so far! My record before the Parsons was also around generation 5 or 6. xD Let me know if you do post a legacy of your own, I'd love to read along!

      I did a few recolors of hairs in the 'Sorbets Remix' and 'Jewl Refined' palettes. A lot of other simmers have recolors for hairs in those palettes, there's also a blog with lots of those recolors I can link for you if you're interested! I've stopped using recolors and have been using the hair color slider mod. It takes up a whopping 13GB of storage in my mods folder, so using swatches for colorful hair might be the better option. I love using the color slider mod though, because you can pick any hair color you like just like in TS3! I also had a lot of CC hair, which made it a pain finding recolors for each one.

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting, I appreciate it so much!

      Delete