Thursday, July 29, 2021

Chapter 240

Marshmallow: "The Welcome Wagon is here. You have been warned."

Neighbor: "Are you sure we should deliver fruitcake to these sims? Every time we do this, sims either pretend to like the fruitcake or just simply ignore us when we knock on their door for an hour straight."

Myles: "No one could deny this fruitcake, it's gourmet and homemade!"

Rylie: "A cute sim carrying a fruit cake is at our door? Why does he have to be carrying a fruit cake? Why can't it just be a cute sim at our door?"

Rylie: "Hey there, neighbors! I'm guessing you're here to welcome us to the neighborhood?"

Myles: "We sure are! We have some lovely fruitcake for y'all, too. Where should I put it?"

On the kitchen counter!

Rylie: "He's cute, isn't he, Marshmallow?"

Marshmallow: "No. I'm cute."

Pupcake: "I'm cute, even while wearing a cone."

Myles: "Welcome to Henford-on-Bagley! How are you liking it here so far?"

Rylie: "It's absolutely amazing! Except for one thing..."

Myles: "And what's that?"

Rylie: "I need to see more animals around here! I love animals so much!"

Myles: "I love animals, too! There's nothing better than befriending an animal, huh?"

Neighbor: "I have more animal friends than human friends! ...I think I should get out more."

Myles: "This is a mighty good farm you've got here, your animals look so happy and healthy!"

Rylie: "Thanks! They're some of the happiest animals in Henford-on-Bagley, if I say so myself. Hehe!"

Rylie: "Why don't we enjoy some of that delicious looking fruitcake you brought?"

Myles: "Wow... that's the first time I've heard a sim enthusiastically wanting to try the fruitcake."

Myles: "Don't mind if I do."

Bessie: "I wonder if we'll get any fruitcake?"

Larry: "I hope so, I'll eat just about anything! Even fruitcake!"

Looks like Myles is really enjoying the fruitcake.

Myles: "It's my great-great-grandma's recipe which has been passed down through generations."

What are you doing out here, Rylie? I thought you were supposed to be eating Myles's fruitcake.

Rylie: "I'm not hiding from the fruitcake or anything... hehehe..."

Rylie: "I'm impressed, that fruitcake was actually delicious! I didn't realize it could be that delicious!"
Myles: "Told ya."

Neighbor: "Maybe you could teach Rylie the recipe sometime?"

Myles: "That sounds like a great idea! Would you like to learn the fruitcake recipe anytime, Rylie?"

Rylie: "I've always wondered how the welcome wagon fruitcake was made, so of course I'll learn!"

This cooking session doesn't look too safe, Servo.

Cluckers has been running around the farm all day.

Rylie: "Don't mind me, just planting my oversized crops!"

Neighbor: "This robot is creepy."
Myles: "I don't think I'd say that while he's standing right there..."

Servo: "Did this sim have the audacity to call me creepy while eating the eggs and toast that I made?"

All of Rylie's oversized crops have been planted!

Now, to tend the garden and water the plants.

AHHHH! A BUNNY!

Aww, isn't she such a cutie?!

Neighbor: "Wow, that's a lot of oversized crops! Are you sure you're gonna be able to look after them all?"

Rylie: "Watch me."

Rylie: "Hey there, little bunny! Aren't you the cutest thing ever?"

Rabit: "..."

Rabbit: "I think I can trust this sim."

Rylie: "You can definitely trust me, there's nothing more special to me than animals."

It looks like Rylie has a new little friend on the farm!

Servo decided to make some tomato sauce, it looks delicious!

Myles: "I'll see y'all around, let me know when you want to learn that fruitcake recipe."

Bye, Myles!

Rylie: "Do you like my dance moves?"

Rabbit: "I'm scared."

Rylie: "Come on! I've got the best moves in town!"

Rabbit: "Stop that before I run away."

Rylie: "Aww, do you have a gift for me?"

Rabbit: "Yes, this is a token of friendship."

Rylie: "The little bunny trusts me enough to befriend me, this is amazing! She also gave me some gardening fertiliser!"

Clara has made her way into the house.

So has Eggbert, it seems. I wonder if Pupcake approves?

Pupcake: "Yay! My feathery friends!"

Eggbert: "It's a lot warmer in here, I wanna sleep in here instead of the chicken coop."

Rylie: "Do you mind if I call you Bun Bun?"

Bun Bun: "Of course not, we're friends now. I'll even help you out with your garden from now on."

Yay!

Pupcake: "There's so many animals around here!"
Marshmallow: "It would appear cats and dogs aren't the stars of the show anymore."

Some of Rylie's crops have started growing already!

Looks like Bessie is done for the day.

Eggbert: "I've already invaded the house, now I want to invade Larry's llama shed."

Stop it, Eggbert!

What the heck is going on here?

It looks like Pupcake and Cluckers are getting close... very close... too close.

Rylie: "Maybe that neighbor was right, caring for that many oversized crops is hard work, especially while caring for so many animals."

Naturally, Servo is taking up the brand new skill that came with the Cottage Living pack.

The cross-stitching skill!

Rylie: "What are you doing in here, Cluckers? Isn't it time for you to go to bed in the chicken coop?"
Cluckers: "I like it in here."

Rylie: "Can I have a hug?"
Cluckers: "No! You're gonna try and take me back to the chicken coop!"

Rylie: "How did you..."

Rylie: "Come on, Cluckers, it's time for bed!"

Cluckers: "You can't tell me what to do."

Marshmallow: "That chicken is almost as much of a savage as me."

How the heck did you get so dirty?

Rylie: "Larry! Are you ready for some dinner and a clean?"

Larry: "Yes, yes I am."

Rylie: "There you go, your wool is all clean!"

Rylie: "Are you ready for another shear?"
Larry: "Say what?"

Larry: "Be careful."
Rylie: "You know I will, Larry."

Larry: "I hope so..."

Larry: "Hey, that wasn't so bad."

Rylie: "Ta-da! See, I told you!"

Rylie: "Do you feel better, now?"

Larry: "I feel like a million simoleons!"

Larry: "Bedtime for me."

Rylie: "Goodnight, Larry! Now, it's Bessie's turn."

Rylie: "Bessie! Are you ready for dinner and a clean?"

Rylie: "There you go, good girl!"

Bessie: "I feel much cleaner already."

Rylie: "Great, job, Bessie!"

Bessie: "I'm going to sleep now."
Rylie: "Goodnight, Bessie!"

The Bramblewood DeLIGHTful Tree looks so beautiful during the night time!

Servo's cross-stich rainbow turned out... interesting.

Where are you headed off to, Marshmallow?

To watch Rylie sleep? That's... strange.

It's a rainy night on the Parsons farm.

At least the crops are getting a lot of water.

Aww, Servo's stick figure cross-stitch is adorable!

The day begins early on the farm.

Kobe still needs to host his phone meetings.

While Yuki does her office work on the computer.

I wonder what Servo's next cross-stitch will be?

Kobe: "Checkmate!"

Yuki: "Seriously? You're winning without me letting you win, now?!"

Sims, laugh, love.

Rylie: "There may be a thunderstorm, but nothing will stop be from caring for my animals."

Rylie: "Oh, chickeeensss! Time to eat!"

Rylie: "Oh my gosh, there's so much thunder and lightning out here!"

Rylie: "Can I run inside, yet?"

Not until the chickens eat!

Rylie: "Man, being a farmer is hard work."

Rylie: "Are you guys ready to eat?"

Of course they are, rain, hail or shine!

Rylie also needs to clean Larry and Bessie's animal sheds.

Rylie: "Cleaning that animal shed was messy. How much wool, dirt and poop can possibly come out of one llama?!"

Rylie decided to head down to Finchwick to purchase a few gardening and grocery items!

Rylie: "I can't wait to purchase some fresh produce and some special animal food!"

Kim Goldbloom: "Fresh produce! The best in Henford-on-Bagley!"

Rylie decided to read the noticeboard about the upcoming cow fair! Bessie is definitely going to enter!

AH! It's the face of the Cottage Living pack!

Ooh, this little shop sells all kinds of adorable kitchen items!

AHHHH! It's the return of the one... the only...

Agnes Crumplebottom. She looks just as happy as ever.

Rylie: "Hi there, Agnes! Do you have any gardening supplies, by any chance?"

Agnes: "We sure do, we have lots of fertiliser and oversized crop seeds!"

Rylie: "That's exactly what I was looking for!"

Lavina Chopra, the Henford-on-Bagley mayor, has graced us with her presence.

Agnes: "Who wants some gardening supplies? Get your gardening supplies here!"

Rylie decided to window shop at the bakery.

Rylie: "I could really go for a nice pastry right now."

Rylie: "Can I have a pasty? Pretty please- oh my gosh, that llama sign is the cutest thing ever!"

AH! It really is!

Rylie: "Hi there, mayor Lavina! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

We interrupt this program to show you a screenshot of this beautiful waterfall and watermill. Okay... continue.

Mayor Lavina: "It's a pleasure to meet you, too. How are you liking Henford-on-Bagley so far?"

Rylie: "It's absolutely amazing! Do you have any tips for living here? I just moved here not long ago."

Mayor Lavina: "Of course! Those foxes can be quite sly, but I once saw a rooster take one on - beak primed, feathers flying - and it gave it what it asked for, such that the fox had to admit defeat and slunk off in shame!"

Wow, that's an amazing tale... or should I say... tail...

Townie: "Would you stop it with the puns already?"

Oh, hush!

Next, Rylie decided to visit the grocery shop!

Rylie: "Hi there! Do you have any fresh produce I could try?"

Kim Goldbloom: "Of course we do, we have plenty of fresh items for you to stock up your fridge at home."

Rylie: "This place is a dream come true for me!"

Looks like this is where the fairs are held.

Ooh, here's Agnes Crumplebottom's cousin, Agatha Crumplebottom! I love her outfit!

Next, Rylie visited The Bramblewood to look for the Creature Keeper and buy some animal clothes! It wouldn't hurt to meet Sally the Snail, either.

Rylie: "Wow, this place is so beautiful!"

Rylie: "I can't wait to meet Sally the Snail and take a selfie. I heard that's where the Creature Keeper hangs out, too!"

Rylie: "Oh, hey, Myles! What are you doing here?"

Myles: "I hang out here all the time, it's my favorite place in Henford-on-Bagley!"

Rylie: "Well, since you hang out here all the time, I assume you've met Sally the Snail?"

Myles: "Why, yes I have. I could take you to her if you'd like."

Rylie: "That would be awesome! Thanks, Myles. I really want to purchase some animal clothes from the Creature Keeper, too."

Myles: "Great idea! The Creature Keeper has some of the cutest animals clothes ever!"

Myles: "Shall we?"

Rylie: "We shall."

Myles: "Hey, I thought I was gonna lead the way!"
Rylie: "Too slow, slow poke!"

Rylie: "Ugh, all that walking made me hungry!"

At least you made it to Sally the Snail!

Myles: "Ah, isn't this place just amazing?"

Rylie: "Yeah, it's also a great place to dig for hidden treasure!"

Myles: "Hey, that cloud kinda looks like a snail."

Rylie: "So does this little snail on the ground- wait..."

Rylie: "Sally the Snail selfie!"

Rylie: "There's no better selfie than a Sally the Snail selfie, even a celebratory birthday selfie."

Myles: "You're gonna get lots of likes on Simstagram with that selfie."

Rylie: "Alright, I met Sally the Snail, but the Creature Keeper isn't here! Do you know where else he'd be?"

Myles: "Hmm... the next place he might be would be at his cottage, let's go there and look for him."

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to find the Creature Keeper's cottage.

Rylie: "I'll lead the way again, slow poke!"
Myles: "Hey! I'm not slow!"

You have to walk over a log to get to the Creature Keeper's cottage?

Myles: "As long as you're careful, it's fine."

Finally! They've made it!

Uh... I think the Creature Keeper made his way over to Sally the Snail while you guys were walking here.

Rylie: "Are. You. Kidding. Me?"

Wow, you got very stinky on your way over here.

Rylie: "Alright, I made it all the way back over here. I'm assuming this is him?"

Yep, this is the Creature Keeper!

Rylie: "Hi there, Creature Keeper! I heard you have some really adorable animal clothes! Please ignore the stink cloud coming off me right now."

The Creature Keeper: "I sure do! I've got all kinds of clothes! Cow clothes, llama clothes, chicken clothes, fox clothes..."

Rylie: "These clothes are adorable, my animals will love them. It was definitely worth all that walking. Thanks, Creature Keeper!"

The Creature Keeper: "You're welcome-" *Sniff, sniff*

The Creature Keeper: "Ugh, what the heck! That sim smelt terrible!"

Back at home, a fox is on the Parsons farm! Get out of here!

Fox: "But, the party is only just getting started."

Excuse you!

Rylie: "Ugh, I'm so hungry!"

Fox: "So am I..."

Matilda, RUUUN!!!

Marshmallow: "Don't worry, I'll protect Matilda."

Oh my gosh, these oversized crops desperately need tending to! They take so long to tend to.

The animals are all fed, which is the most important thing.

AHH! Another little bunny!

And another one! There's so many bunnies hanging around, now!

Eggbert: "I like the bunnies."

Look who I found playing in some leaves a little bit further away from the farm.

Rylie: "There's a lot of bugs to spray here. A little gardening help here, Bun Bun?"

Bun Bun: "Help is on the way!"

You look like you've had a lovely day at work.

Kobe: "Don't."

Yuki: "Overtime is stressful!"

Welp, Rylie may need to spray the plants for bugs, but at least she doesn't need to water them anymore.

Woohoo! Servo has reached level 5 of the cross-stitching skill! (The final level of the skill.)

Rylie has been tending to these plants for hours. Even Pupcake got tired out.

Uh... now we know why Pupcake got tired out. It looks like she had a puppy! Introducing Murphy Parsons!

Pupcake, anything to say for yourself?

Pupcake: "My son is adorable."

Marshmallow: *Sigh* "Another dog to put up with."

Murphy: "That's not nice."

Murphy: *Tiny puppy howl*

Rylie: "My crops need tending to again already, don't they?"

Yes, yes they do.

Rylie: "I pretend I do not see it."

Servo is very close to completing every skill in the game!

The next skill he'll be working on: the veterinary skill.

What better time than while living on a farm?

1 comment:

  1. > Pupcake: "I'm cute, even while wearing a cone."

    Did Pupcake have surgery?? :O Or is the cone simply an accessory?

    > This cooking session doesn't look too safe, Servo.

    Especially with Marshmallow sitting so close! :O This is how cats lose tails.

    > AHHHH! A BUNNY!

    It is so fitting that you should have a bunny in your game, Bunnieesims! :)

    > Rylie: "Aww, do you have a gift for me?"
    > Rabbit: "Yes, this is a token of friendship."

    That's so adorable! :D :3

    > The cross-stitching skill!

    Ooh, I look forward to seeing the completed crafts! :)

    > Rylie: "Can I have a hug?"
    > Cluckers: "No! You're gonna try and take me back to the chicken coop!"

    Chickens aren't stupid! XD

    > Servo's cross-stich rainbow turned out... interesting.

    For a first attempt, it's very cute! :)

    > Finchwick

    I love all the little shops in this village! It's great (maybe?) to see Agnes Crumplebottom, too. I'm curious to see if she'll interrupt dates in TS4, too!

    > animal clothes

    Squee! :D I look forward to Rylie dressing up her animal friends.

    > Marshmallow: "Don't worry, I'll protect Matilda."

    Oh, good cat, Marshmallow! :)

    > Introducing Murphy Parsons!

    Ahhhh! :3 Welcome to the family, Murphy! He is adorable.

    > Servo is very close to completing every skill in the game!

    Good job, Servo! :D That's a lotta hard work.

    I LOVE this update! :) Cottage Living is a perfectly charming EP. I so enjoy exploring it with the Parsons. The animals are particularly delightful, and the scenery is so soothing. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete