Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Chapter 187

Sprinkles: "I'm the queen around here!"

Pippa: "I'm the princess!"

Everyone: "Tell Pippa to stop being so adorable!"

Pippa: "But I can't."

It's Egg Day! 🐰🌸🌼🌻

Happy birthday, Lauryn!

Lauryn aged up into a young adult! Now get out.

Literal twins.

Paisley: "I thought Elijah was my twin."

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! ELODIE HAS REACHED LEVEL 10 IN THE MIXOLOGY CAREER! NOW I CAN PUT THE CULINARY BEHIND THE PARSONS ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Elodie: *Yawn* "Now I can retire!"

Mood. She totally needs this nap after all her hard work bartending.

Like father, like son.

Paisley is off to work again! She's so close to reaching level 10 of the civic designer career!

Paisley: "Hey there! I love the bag on your head!"

Townie: "Gee, thanks."

Paisley: "No problem! Anyways, you wanna see how I got Evergreen Harbor looking so beautiful?"

Paisley: "This is how! Say hello to 'Plan B'."

Townie: "That's cool, but I-"

Paisley: "What's 'Plan B' you ask? All I had to do was barge into my neighbors homes and upgrade their appliances against their will! Isn't that genius?"

Townie: "Uh... more like 'invasive'."

Paisley: "Oh, come on! You're telling me you wouldn't do the same? It was all worth it!"

Townie: "Your plan sucks! I'm outta here."

Paisley: "Wait!"

Paisley: "Before you go, I need to conduct an interview. Has anyone around here told you that they've uninstalled some eco-friendly appliances recently?"

Townie: "I think one sim told me they did."

This townie is spilling all the beans.

Hot dogs for breakfast? Really?

Of course Deven approved of this.

Elodie: "So did I."

Look at these beautiful eggs the Parsons have found for Egg Day!

They're so pretty!

Ooh! The Flower Bunny is here!

Flower Bunny: "Flower petals for all!"

Why are you throwing them on the concrete?

Deven: "Hey, Flower Bunny! Remember me? I'm your biggest fan!"

Flower Bunny: "Uh... do I know you?"

Deven: "Come on, you're telling me you don't remember me? The kid who accidentally ate a plastic egg and ended up in the hospital?"

Flower Bunny: "Uh... I don't think I remember."

Deven: "I was also the kid who tried to make flower soup and got diarrhea!"

Flower Bunny: "Oh yeah, I think I remember you now. Were you also the kid who went on an egg hunt and went missing for 5 days because you forgot your way home?"

Deven: "Yep, that's me!"

Paisley: "Flower Bunny! It's so nice to see you!"

Flower Bunny: "It's great to see you too! You want some flowers?"

Deven: "Hey, Flower Bunny! I have a song for you!"
♫ "Oh, Flower Bunny, you make my heart go hop hop!" ♫

Deven: ♫ "OhhHh FlOOwer BUUnnYYY, you mAAke my hEAArt go HOP HOP!" ♫

Flower Bunny: "Uh..."

Paisley: "You sounded like a dying goat, babe. Let me show you how it's done."

Paisley: ♫ "ChOocolate eggs, chocOlAAte eGGs!" ♫

Paisley: ♫ "ChOcoLaAtE all thE WAAaAaAY!" ♫

Deven: "Wow, my wife has the voice of an angel!"

Flower Bunny: "Help me."

Deven: "Egg Day confetti for everyone! It kinda looks like flower petals!"

Flower Bunny: "Hey, you're kinda right! It does look like flower petals!"

Uh... Flower Bunny?

Deven: "I wonder where he's going. Who else could possibly be better to hang out with than us?"
Paisley: "I know right? He's acting like we're insane."

Deven: "You think I could try to make some flower soup again? I'll add some dirt this time so I don't get diarrhea!"

Paisley: "Oh, my little trash bag, I love you so much!"

And y'all wonder why the Flower Bunny just ran for his life.

At least he's dropping some nice flowers everywhere.

Flower Bunny: "Flower petals for all!"

Elodie: "It's raining flower petals!"

Elodie: "They're so pretty!"

Flower Bunny: "You want some flower petals, Servo?"

Servo: "Ugh!"

Servo: "Come on! Seriously?!"

Flower Bunny: "But, I thought you liked flower petals."

Aww, so adorable! BFF's!

The kids are home from school!

Elijah's grade has increased to an A! Hooray!

Deven: "Hey, Flower Bunny! You wanna try some of the flower soup I made? It has a special ingredient this time."

Flower Bunny: "Uh... I'm good."

Deven: "More for me." *Gulp*

Deven decided to plant all of the flowers that the Flower Bunny is leaving around.

Flower Bunny: "Flower petals for everyone!"

Elijah: "Ugh, come on!"

Elijah: "Stop!"

Elijah: "I hate flowers!"

Flower Bunny: "You WHAT?!"

Was it really necessary to plant all those flowers, Deven?

Elodie: "I've lived a long lovely life, but it's time for me to go."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Elodie!

Elodie: "Remember me as the best mixologist ever."

Elodie: *Sigh*

Elodie: "Take care of my drinks for me."

Rest In Peace, Elodie Parsons. You were a wonderful and beautiful sim who was amazing at mixology, and you will be dearly missed.

Elijah: *Gasp!* "Aunt Elodie!"
Xylia: "No! Aunt Elodie!"

Paisley: *Gasp!* "Oh my gosh! Not Aunt Elodie!"

Paisley: "Please don't leave me, aunt Elodie!"

Grim Reaper: "How many souls from this household do I have to collect?!"

Elijah: *Gasp!* "There he is!"
Xylia: "He's so creepy!"

Grim Reaper: "These sims are acting like they don't see me every other day."

Paisley: *Gasp!* "He never gets any less creepier!"

Woohoo! Servo reached level 10 of the gaming skill!

Yesss! Paisley finally reached level 10 of the civic designer career!

In her time as a civic designer, she's made Evergreen Harbor a better, more wonderful place for all!

I'm so proud of her!

Paisley: "I'm proud of me too!"

Happy birthday, Elijah!

Elijah aged up into a young adult!

Aaand here we have our generation 9 heir!

Elijah: "I knew I was gonna be the next heir."

It's been lovely having the Parsons live in this crate home in Port Promise.

Evergreen Harbor has come a long way thanks to Paisley.

Now, it's time for them to move onto their next adventure in another area of Evergreen Harbor: Grims Quarry! Goodbye for now, Port Promise!

The Parsons have moved to an apartment in Grims Quarry, Evergreen Harbor! I spent about an hour furnishing and building their new apartment! This is the living room.

Another angle.

This is the kitchen.

Another angle.

This is the bathroom.

Another angle.

This is Elijah's bedroom.

Another angle.

This is Deven and Paisley's bedroom.

Another angle.

And finally, this is the outside of the apartment.

The Parsons will be living in the apartment on the left.

Elijah: "I love it here!"

Elijah: "Wow..."

Elijah: "This apartment is beautiful!"

Deven: "Hehe... I get to carry the kitty up the stairs."

Pippa: "You really trusted the most dumb sim in the family to carry me up the stairs?"

Servo is already getting to work with upgrading the new appliances to be eco-friendly.

Elijah: "Don't you just love it here?"

Xylia: "Yep, can't you tell I'm having such a great time here already?"

Sprinkles: "Looks like someone is gonna have to fill the food bowl already."

Or... looks like I'm gonna have to buy an automatic food bowl again.

Elijah has joined the civil designer career just like his mom! But, instead of doing the 'civic planner' branch, he will be doing the 'green technician' branch, which focuses more on using the fabricator machine and inventing.

He'll need to practise his logic skill if he wants to advance in his career.

Elijah: "Easy peasy! I've been practising chess since I was a kid!"

Deven: "If only I knew how to play chess, I'm only good at... wait... I'm not good at anything."

Yes you are, you're good at eating grilled cheese sandwiches.

Paisley: "You need a massage after all those grilled cheese sandwiches you've made, babe!"
Deven: "Ah, that feels amazing!"

Get a room, y'all!

Or not...

Paisley: "You wanna see if there's a dumpster around here?"

Deven: "You read the only thought going through my mind."

Y'ALL ARE GROSS!

Elijah: "This is all I need to advance in my career? This is easy!"

This isn't the only thing you need, this is just the first thing.

Servo is still hard at work upgrading all the appliances.

In Grims Quarry, the 'Modern Development' neighborhood action plan was voted in by the townies.

Deven has decided to take up knitting!

Deven: "Focus... focus..."

Deven: "Hmm... what should I have for lunch? Shall I summon a grilled cheese sandwich?"

Weren't you just trying to focus? This is why Deven can't hold down a hobby. He has no attention span... I feel like I just described myself, actually.

Townie: "Who wants some advice from an eco expert?"

Paisley: "Did this sim just really have the audacity to call him self the eco expert when I'm the eco expert?"

Townie: "Have you ever thought about how eco living can positively impact the environment?"

Deven: "Ha! You must not have met my wife."

Townie: "Uh... do you know about eco upgrades?"
Deven: "Oh, boy, do I..."

Paisley: "That's all he hears about thanks to me, the ultimate eco expert."

Paisley: "Can you believe the nerve of that guy?"

Deven: "I know right? He thinks he's the eco expert? You're the one who saved Evergreen Harbor and planted all the trees! I love trees... they give the best hugs."

Townie: "Welp... that was embarrassing."

Pippa: "There's another sim outside with a thermometer!"

Say what?

Why are so many sims visiting today?

And what the heck is that?!

Deven: "Hehe... I could never get bored of that dancing hot dog."

TV time is over, back to knitting, sir!

Deven: "I feel like the pets are judging my knitting skills."

Nope, they just care about the food bowl.

Deven: "How many times do I need to loop this thread?"

Until you make a beanie.

Elijah: "Whatcha doin' there, dad?"

Deven: "Trying... to... focus!"

Elijah: "You're taking up knitting now? Awesome!"

Deven: "When are you going to give me a grandchild that I can teach my knitting skills to?"

Elijah: "A grandchild? I only just aged up today!"

Deven: "Hmm... fair enough. Are you going to take out that stupid eyebrow ring anytime soon, though?"

Elijah: "Nope, appreciate the suggestion, though."

Elijah: "I suggest you grow a brain sometime, it might help you."

Deven: "You're no longer my favorite child. Go back to your chess, you're distracting me from my knitting."

Deven: "Uh oh... I hear another one of my kids approaching."

Xylia: "Ugh... school stinks."

Uh... nope, I think that's just the dog poop in the kitchen. Who is the culprit?!

I guess it's not Pippa, she's knocked out cold.

Deven: "Woohoo! I finished my first beanie!"

Can we see it?

Deven: "Of course you can!"

Deven: "Ta-da!"

Deven: "What do ya think?"

Uh...

Deven: "It's so good you barely have any words to say?"

Yeah... sure...

Deven: "I knew it! My beanie is awesome!"

Paisley: "Who's gonna tell him?"

Deven: "This calls for some grilled cheese to be summoned."

Deven: "This grilled cheese is the same quality as my beanie!"

Xylia: "It must taste horrible, then."

Elijah is getting better at the logic skill already!

Now, he just needs to level up his handiness skill.

Deven: "Hey, Kaylee! You like my awesome beanie? I knitted it myself!"

Kaylee: "I can tell..."

Elijah: "Ugh!"

Elijah: "No wonder we make Servo upgrade all the appliances around here, this is hard!"

I know it was you who pooped in the kitchen, Monster.

Monster: "Who? Me? Never!"

Kaylee: "What's it like being the new Servo and upgrading the appliances?"

Elijah: "What's it like not being the favorite and not being chosen as heir?"

Paisley: "Oh, snap."

Paisley: *Sigh* "That struck a nerve. I can't believe my heiress days are over."

Lauryn is here too? Why are so many sims visiting today?!

Elijah: "Dad wants you to wear his beanie to school tomorrow."

Xylia: "I wouldn't be caught dead in that beanie!"

Uh... I thought the sims team fixed the fire glitch... but apparently not! Deven, get away from the fire!

Deven: "Maybe I can put myself out!" *Huff, huff, huff*

Deven: "It's not working!"

Paisley: "Everyone calm down, I've got this! As usual!"

Deven: "My beanie hat survived!"

Elijah: "That's great! Now Xylia can wear it to school tomorrow!"

Servo: "Fire, fire, FIRE!!!"

The fire is out now, Servo.

I guess I spoke too soon!

How many times is this glitch going to happen?!

What did y'all eat?!

Elijah: "It was funny at first, but now it's just getting annoying."

I know, right?

Grims Quarry is such a beautiful area!

Happy birthday, Monster!

Monster aged up into an adult! And, yes, he's a Chihuahua named Monster.

Paisley: "This thing had better not set on fire again."

6 comments:

  1. What an eventful update! :) We lose Elodie, but gain Elijah as the new hair.

    I enjoyed learning about Egg Day. A visit from the Flower Bunny looks like fun! I want to hug him, too. :D

    Congrats to Paisley for cleaning up Evergreen Harbor! I like the looks of their new place in Grims Quarry, especially the vertical garden in the living room. The decor is so modern!

    And hey, you have knitting in TS4! :D On the downside, you also have spontaneously-combusting toilets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yess a lot happened in this chapter! I already miss Elodie so much (I'm just now realising how much the names Elodie and Elijah sound alike!)

      The Flower Bunny is one of my favorite visitors! He hugs everyone and drops free flowers, too. :D

      I'm happy you like the new apartment! It was difficult trying to figure out how I'm going to fit everyone in there, hahaha!

      The knitting pack is so much fun! I'm definitely planning for generation 10 heir to be a knitter. :D The combusting toilets are so annoying! It turns out it wasn't a glitch, Servo actually installed a compost container in the toilet, and if it's not emptied, it sets alight! The poor Parsons have some toasty buns until I figured that out, hahaha!

      Thank you so much for reading, it means a lot to me! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, finding space for large families is a challenge. I'm pretty good at packing 'em into bedrooms, but I don't allow enough space for *living*. You've done a great job: the place doesn't feel crowded, and there's room to do stuff.

      I looked up the knitting pack. I'm guessing that Deven's first beanie is a 'failure'. I think it rather suits him, though. :) I look forward to seeing the plant hanger. TS4 is bringin' macrame back! :D

      Ohmigosh, Servo!! :O That is one hilarious blooper. XD I see that he was supposed to be doing eco upgrades. Did he decide autonomously to put the composter there?

      Playing through eight generations is a real accomplishment. On top of that, you're writing it all up. I don't play TS4, so it's fun to learn about the game while I read about your Sims. Please keep posting! :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! I'll probably have to move them soon though, because there doesn't seem to be much room for them to do activities, hahaha! :D

      Deven isn't the brightest, so his first knitted hat definitely suits him, LOL! :D I can't wait to explore more of the knitting pack too, it's one of my favorites already!

      Servo completed an aspiration which allows him to "instantly upgrade" objects in a second, so he probably added the toilet compost behind my back. (Or, I added it without realising the consequences, but it's easier to blame Servo! xD)

      It definitely has been wild playing this family for 8 generations, they're all bat crazy! I do love them, though. :D I'm so happy to give you a glimpse into TS4! Hopefully I'm giving it a good impression, hahaha! I've only played TS2 once or twice, and it's so much fun reading about your sims too, it's great we can both give each other a glimpse into the other sims games!

      Delete
  2. Talk about coming in under the wire - she barely had enough time to max out the Mixology career and then was gone - some of those careers can be painfully slow when they only work a few days a week. I think if you have the charisma skill up you can make connections on the computer - that and negotiate a raise although that one can backfire!

    Love the apartment but knowing this family you will be out of room in about a sim week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The culinary career is the bane of my existence in The Sims, they barely work for two days out of the week. I never knew you could make connections through the computer through the charisma skill, I'll have to try that out! I'm way too scared to negotiate a raise, I'd hate to lose performance in that career after waiting so long for each promotion.

      You're completely right about the apartment, I love having my sims live in them, but it gets way too small pretty quick!

      Delete