Saturday, January 14, 2023

Chapter 264

 

After Colby graduated university, the Parsons moved to Copperdale! If you would like to see a tour of the new house, check it out on my Instagram!

Colby's graduation picture and diploma is hanging proudly on the wall upstairs.

New house, new house!

Lilliana: "This house is smaller than our old house."

Troy: "A new neighborhood means I can make even more friends!"

While Colby was at university, Buttercup had a kitten! Introducing Macaron Parsons!

Colby: "Man, I moved back and everything is so different."

Colby: "Not that I'm complaining, though."

Noodle also had a puppy! Introducing Emerald Parsons. She's very intrigued by the fridge.

Lilliana: "This new house is awesome, I approve!"
Troy: "As do I."

It's already snowing in Copperdale!

I think Noodle likes the new couch.

I thought cheerleading was a skill, so I had Servo attempt it, but it turns out it isn't a skill.

Oh well, it's still fun to watch Servo do random stuff.

Servo: "Give me an S! Give me an E! Give me an R! Give me a V! Give me a O!

Servo: "What does that spell? SERVO!!!"

Since cheerleading isn't a skill Servo can work on, he'll work on the skiing skill in Mt. Komorebi while the Parsons are asleep.

Servo: "I'd better post about this on social bunny."

Servo: "Alright, wish me luck!"

Just from reading books alone, Servo's skiing skill is already level 9!

A backflip?! What the heck?

Servo: "Geez, it was cold out there."

Colby is about to start his first day of work as a doctor! Are you excited, Colby?

Colby: "Super excited! Also a little nervous, though."

Here we are down at Willow Creek Hospital for Colby's first day!

Colby: "I've got this."

His first patient! Ahh!

Colby: "Hello there, what seems to be the problem?"

Patient: "You can't see this rash all over my face?"

Colby: "I see... this could be a viral infection. Let me take a quick swab of your mouth for an analysis."

Colby: "Alright, got it. I'll test this in the lab and see what the results are."

Colby: "Let's see what we're dealing with here."

Colby: "I just need to put this sample into the analyser and the results should be ready quickly."

This is some pretty advanced technology.

Wow, Willow Creek Hospital is high tech!

Doctor: "Who the heck dropped their sample on the floor? Oh, wait... it was me."
Colby: "Can't you see I'm trying to analyse over here?"

Colby: "Okay, now I just have to log the results into the computer real quick."

While logging the results into the computer, Colby heard an announcement on the speaker.

Speaker: "Code Watermelon. A pregnant sim has just arrived at the reception area, ready to give birth! Doctor Parsons, please HURRY and prep for delivery!"

Colby: "Oh, gosh."

Patient: "Argh! This hurts!"

Colby: "Hmm..."

Colby: "Woah, you're really about to... give birth?! It's my first day! What do I do?!"

Come on, Colby! This is what you've been studying for!

Colby: "Uh... follow me to the delivery room, please."

Patient: "It's really this guy's first day?!"

Colby's first delivery!

Colby: "Do you really need to keep naming all of my 'firsts' today?"

Yes, yes I do.

After Colby did a great job at the delivery station, a healthy baby is born!

Great job, Colby!

Patient: "Not bad for your first day!"

Colby: "Sorry for the long wait, I just had to help deliver a baby. Here's a meal while you wait for your results."

Patient: "Thanks, I was getting kinda hungry."

Colby: "I should be able to give you an accurate diagnosis after a few more tests."

Colby: "Hmm... everything sounds normal."

Colby: "Oh, your results are back!"

Colby: "Looks like you have 'itchy plumbob' caused by something internal. You'll need surgery, which will need to be performed immediately."

Colby: "Don't worry, this shouldn't take too long."

What the heck? This sim swallowed an entire apple whole?!

Patient: "Oops... I forgot about that."

Colby: "You should be feeling much better after that."

Patient: "I sure am, thanks doc!"

There's a few patients in the waiting room waiting to be admitted.

Colby sent them to different hospital beds.

Colby: "I'll be back in just a moment."

Colby: "Okay, let's take your temperature."

Colby: "Uh... is this an error? How is your temperature 200?!"

Colby collected another sample from the patient to test.

Colby: "Let me have a listen to your heart..."

Colby: "Sorry for the wait, here's a meal while you wait."

Colby: "I'll be back in a moment for your tests."
Patient: "Okay!"

After further analysis, Colby determined the patient needs surgery.

He's starting to get the hang of this.

Patient: "I feel all better again!"

Colby: "Alright, let me check-"

Colby: "What the heck?"

Hey, that rhymed!

Colby: "After running some tests, everything appears to be normal. Thankfully, no signs of 'gas-and-giggles'. Come back to the hospital immediately if you have any symptoms of illness, though.

Colby was promoted to level 9 of the doctor career! What a great first day at work!

Colby: "It was also an exhausting first day at work."

Lilliana: "I'm so proud of Colby! He got promoted in the doctor career while I've been here sitting on my butt watching TV all day!"

Troy: "I've already told my 5,000 friends about Colby's promotion."

Servo: "Who wants some mac and cheese?"

Emerald: "We do!"
Macaron: "Ditto!"

Servo: "Sorry, cats and dogs can't have mac and cheese."

Buttercup: "But, why not?"

Colby felt a little stressed out after working for 12 hours, so he did his favorite thing in the world... bike riding.

Colby: "Did you know it was possible to swallow an apple whole? I never knew until today."

Troy: "How the heck did you find that out?"

Colby: "Are you ready for another 12 hour day of work?"

Nurse: "Can't wait!"

Colby: "Hmm... looks like you have a fever."

Colby: "Let's collect a swab sample and send it off to the lab."

You look way too happy for a sim who has a rash.

Why has no one mopped up the puddle from yesterday?

This device never fails to amaze me!

Oh no, what's happening?!

A sim has collapsed in the waiting room!

While performing an X-ray on a patient, Colby heard an announcement on the speaker.

Speaker: "Alerting Doctor Parsons! An extremely sick sim just stumbled into the waiting room, barely conscious and able to stand. Quickly come to the front reception desk. They need urgent medical attention... STAT!

Colby immediately rushed the sim into surgery.

Colby: "Oh gosh, not again..."

How the heck did this sim swallow a llamacorn toy whole?! That's even stranger than the apple!

Luckily, the surgery was successful.

Colby: "I've had no time to tinkle today!"

Colby: "Sorry about the wait, I'll collect a swab from you for analysis."

Colby: "Let me log in the last analysis results, first."

Colby: "Alright, let me test this swab..."

Colby: "Hmm... inconclusive. She'll need some more diagnostic testing."

While analysing the swab, Colby reached level 10 of the logic skill! Woohoo!

Colby: "I'll need to take your temperature real quick."

Colby: "And check your ears- ...why does this keep happening?!"

Colby: "It looks like you have llama flu. You'll need plenty of fluids and a few days of rest."

At least the rash is better.

Finally, Colby's last patient of the day before he heads home.

Colby: "Today was surprisingly less exhausting than yesterday."

Lilliana: "My last social bunny post got 5 total likes! I'm famous!"

Macaron: "If you posted me on your social bunny, you'd get thousands of likes because I'm adorable."

Troy: "True dat."

Lilliana: "Brrr... it's freezing outside."

Thank gosh for the fireplace!

Colby needs to build a rocket ship for his aspiration.

Colby: "This is a lot harder than I thought it'd be."

It's a nice cozy night in the Parsons household!

As per usual, the pets adore Servo.

Emerald: "Wanna play?"

Buttercup: "Sure, let's race to the food bowl!"

♫ We just got a letter, we just got a letter, we just got a letter, I wonder who it's from! ♫

Colby: "Relax, it's just bills."

Macaron and Emerald are aging up already?! Nooo!

Emerald aged up into an adult!

So did Macaron! He looks very happy about aging up, but I'll miss them being a kitten and puppy!

After aging up, Emerald has been wanting to go for a walk, so the Parsons took her to the dog park.

She loved it, even though it's freezing cold and snowing.

Colby: "Hey Servo, wanna draw a smiley face in the snow?"

Servo: "Does it look like I wanna draw a smiley face in the snow?"

Lighten up, Servo.

Aww, it's adorable!

Emerald: "It looks even better with my paw prints all over it."

Servo needs to become friends with 12 different cats and dogs for his aspiration. The dog park is the perfect place to do that!

Colby: "What am I supposed to do here while Emerald is running around and you're making friends with cats and dogs?"

Servo: "Keep drawing smiley faces in the snow. Ciao!"

Colby: "He's really gonna leave me here all by myself?"
???: "Colby! Is that you?!"

Oh. My. Gosh!

Colby: "Do my eyes deceive me, or is that Daphne walking towards me?"

Servo: "Hey there, little doggy! Wanna be BFF's?"

Daphne: "Colby! It's so great to see you again!"

Colby: "It's great to see you again too... I thought I'd never see you again."

Colby: "What are you doing here in the dog park?"

Daphne: "Well, I knew you lived in Brindleton Bay... I've kinda been hanging around here as much as possible hoping I'd see you."

Colby: "You didn't see the 50 times I called you while I was at Foxbury?"

Colby: "I waited for you and called you every single day, but you never bothered to answer me."

Daphne: "About that... I'm really sorry, I couldn't contact you... my parents took my phone away because..."

Daphne: *Sigh* "I decided to drop out of university."

Colby: "What?! Why would you do that?"

Daphne: "It's just not for me. I never felt like I belonged there."

Colby: "Are you kidding me? You're the smartest sim I know."

Daphne: "It wasn't about being smart."

Daphne: "I've wanted to be a game developer for as long as I remember, but my parents pushed me into doing a degree I didn't want to do. I was also tired of not being able to speak to you. I had enough... I dropped out and I started a career in programming where I can move up at my own pace. My parents won't speak to me, and I've been hanging around in Brindleton Bay all day just waiting for you."

Colby: "Wow... I'm just glad you're doing what makes you happy. I've missed you so much."

Daphne: "I've missed you more than anything."

Daphne: "I hope we can start over now."

Colby: "Of course we can. We can finally live the life we've always dreamed of."

Emerald is bored of this conversation.

Colby: "You have no idea how many times I've dreamt of this day."

Daphne: "Me too, you're all I've thought about the past few years."

Colby: "You're still just as beautiful as ever. You don't wear your glasses anymore?"

Daphne: "Nope, I do. They just fog up when it's too cold."

Daphne: "It may be cold, but I melt whenever I look at your eyes."

Colby: "Right back at ya."

This is a very strange looking dog, but Servo still needs to attempt to be friends with him.

Daphne: "Can we run off into the sunset, now?"

Colby: "After I kiss you."

*Kiss*

Daphne: "You're still a great kisser."

Colby: "I know, right?"

Servo, why are you searching for frogs? Aren't you supposed to be befriending dogs?

Colby: "So... can we become official now?"

Daphne: "Yes, yes, yes! Let's make it official right now!"

Yaaay! I'm so happy these two are back together!

And I'm happy Servo is completing his aspiration.

Reunited and it feels so good!

These two are so adorable, I can't handle it!

Emerald: "I just woke up from my nap, what did I miss?"

Servo: "I made a lot of doggy friends, but you'll always be my best doggy friend."

Oh, lawd... I don't like where this is going.

YA NASTIES!

Seriously?!

Daphne: "Do you think anyone saw us?"
Colby: "Probably not."

Probably not?! There's 5 sims standing nearby to witness y'all!

Another doggy friend!

Daphne: "I'm freezing!"
Colby: "Me too, let's head home."

Not without Servo befriending one more doggy!

Servo: "Mission accomplished."

It's still freezing back in Copperdale.

Welcome to the family, Daphne! Let's wish her luck.

Daphne needs to work on her videogaming skill for her career and aspiration.

Looks like a very intense game of blic bloc is happening.

Colby started working on his rocket ship again.

Even after making friends with different cats and dogs all day, Servo can't get enough of his own pets.

Do y'all ever stop watching TV?

Servo: "This is my prized possession."
Macaron: "I'm just here for the treats."

Uh oh, the welcome wagon has arrived!

Lilliana: "Hey guys, come on in!"

Lilly! You're supposed to ignore the welcome wagon!

Lilliana: "Oh... oops."

Troy: "The welcome wagon is here? Hooray! I can make some new friends!"

Servo: "The only friends I need are my pets."

Emerald: "I love robot hugs!"

Macaron, back away from the nasty fruit cake!

Lilliana: "Who wants some fruit cake?"

These sims have no idea the cat just tried to eat this fruit cake.

Townie: "We do now!"

Emerald: "Can I haz some fruit cake?"

No, you won't like it. Trust me.

Emerald: "Can someone play fetch with me?"

Servo: "Of course I will!"

Connor Frio is also here to welcome the Parsons to the neighborhood!

Townie: "This french toast is way better than the fruit cake I brought."

Troy: "I ate my fruit cake. Are we BFF's now?"

Lilliana: "The fruit cake was horrible. No surprises there."

Macaron, no!

Much better.

Daphne: "I think I'll skip out on the fruit cake and try this meal Servo made instead."

Daphne: "It's great to finally meet you guys. I first met Colby when we were in high school!"

Lilliana: "Ah, I remember you. You were Colby's prom date! The promposal sign was totally my idea, by the way."

Colby: "Hey, don't tell her that!"

It's New Year's Eve time! 🎉🥳

Daphne: "My New Year's resolution is to get promoted!"

Colby's rocket ship is almost complete!

Back to work again!

Colby Parsons, what the heck are you doing?!

Colby: "Alright, we're gonna need to take a test swab and analyse it."

Vita Alto: "Analyse it for what? I'm completely healthy."

Colby: "Then why the heck are you here?!"

Colby: "I'll still test just to be sure."

Colby: "Now, to log down the results."

Hospital Administrator: "Alerting Doctor Parsons! An extremely sick sim just stumbled into the waiting room, barely conscious and able to stand. Quickly come to the front reception desk. They need urgent medical attention... STAT!"

Oh no! I wonder what's wrong?

Colby rushed her into surgery right away.

Looks like she managed to swallow a piranha whole.

Colby: "What the heck is going on in Willow Creek?"

Colby: "According to your test results, you're not completely healthy. We'll need to run just a few more tests to find out what's wrong."

Colby: "Just follow the light... you're looking pretty dizzy."

Colby: "Looks like you might have a case of gas-and-giggles. Follow me to the surgery station."

Colby: "You should be feeling much less gassy!"

The surgery was successful!

Colby: "Let's take a quick swab for analysis."

Colby's having some trouble diagnosing his next patient.

Colby: "Hmm... the X-ray is clear, let's run a treadmill test."

Colby: "Hopefully things are a bit more clear after this test."

Colby: "Looks like a case of burnin' belly. Follow me to the surgery station, please!"

Another successful surgery! Great job, Colby!

Colby: "I need to tinkle!"

Great job, Colby! You'll reach the top of your career in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment