Friday, December 10, 2021

Chapter 248

Rylie: "Guidry, what are you doing in my garden?"

Guidry: "I heard someone here needs my guidance."

Ruby: "It's me, I need it."

Guidry: "Sure, what can I do for ya?"

Ruby: "Put down your tablet and listen."

Midnight: "Oh, snap."

Ruby: "That's right, I'm a savage."

Ruby: "But, seriously... I'm super nervous."

Ruby: "I just reached level 5 of the medium skill and earned my Paranormal Investigator licence. I really have to be brave enough to cleanse sim's homes from ghosties?!"

Guidry: "Woah, you were right, you seem super nervous."

Ruby: "I'm more than nervous, I'm beyond stressed! I don't know if I'm brave enough to commune with angry ghosties, I've only ever interacted with friendly ones!"

Guidry: "You're right, but most of the houses you go to won't have angry ghosties. For the ones that do, a good Paranormal Investigator can make any ghostie happy enough to stop haunting other sims."

Ruby: "I guess you're right, who could resist my charm?"

Guidry: "I can't, that's for sure- I mean... uh..."

Ruby: "You can't resist my charm?"

Guidry: "Or your beauty... but, let's forget I said anything."

Ruby: "Oh, are you flirting with me?"
Guidry: "I'm trying not to..."

This ship has officially sailed!

Aww, so cute!

Ruby: "AHH!"

Ruby: "That was not so cute."

Ruby: "Get out of here, you nasty green blob!"

Guidry: "Whatcha reading there, Servo?"

Servo: "Nothing, it's actually my homework."

Claudio aged up into an adult!

Show us that smile!

Even ghosts seem to love playing with clay randomly all the time.

What is going on out here?!

Nooooooo! Not my precious Bessie!

Rest In Peace, Bessie Parsons. You were a wonderful, friendly cow, and you will be dearly missed.

Happy birthday, Myles!

Happy birthday, Rylie!

Kari: "There's too many birthdays going on around here."

You're actually next.

Happy birthday, Kari!

Kari aged up into a young adult! Now, get out.

Kari: "What do you mean 'get out'?"

Rylie aged up into an elder!

So did Myles!

Rylie: "We're elders now?"
Myles: "Yep... prepare for even more back problems and grey hairs."

Myles & Rylie: "Aww, man."

Guidry: "I think there's another birthday going on out here, guys."

Murphy: "Please... not another one..."

Guidry was right, another birthday! Honey aged up into an elder!

Honey: "I'm still adorable, right?"

Of course you are!

A much needed bath for Murphy. He was stinky for a long time after jumping in puddles.

Why did I even buy these sims a dining table?

Ruby is the only sim using it right now.

Ruby: "Because there's no room to eat at the séance table."

It's another wonderful day on the farm!

Rylie: "Come on, Myles! Let's go feed the animals for the 29475th time!"

Myles: "Okay..."

It's a tiny bit chilly today.

Rylie: "Hello, my fluffy bestie!"

Mid-hop!

Claudio and Ruby are getting super close.

Claudio: "Pick me up for cuddles. Now."

Claudio: "You took too long!"
Ruby: "Woah, you're one demanding cat."

Ruby: "But, you're still adorable, aren't you?"

Claudio: "Put me down."

Ruby: "Were my cuddles not good enough?"

Nothing to see here, just Servo doing his homework while Ruby performs another séance.

Charlie: "I'm getting less scared of ghosts every time I come back and visit this place!"

Kelly: "You guys, I heard one of the specters took a piece of Ruby's soul, isn't that adorable?"

Kari & Charlie: "Say what?!"

Charlie: "Alright, I'm scared of ghosts again."

Is that the designated birthday cake from the kitchen that no one is supposed to eat?!

This is a lovely screenshot, if I do say so myself.

Myles: "Honey, can we sleep in tomorrow instead of waking up at 5:30AM every morning to feed the animals?"

Rylie: "Are you insane?!"

Ruby: "This entire family is insane."

Guidry has returned!

Ruby: "Guidry! I've missed you!"

Guidry: "I've missed you, too. If only you could visit me in the underworld."

Ruby: "Uh... not today... hopefully."

Guidry: "Fair enough. So, do you need any guidance today?"

Ruby: "I do, actually. I'm headed off to my first house cleansing as a Paranormal Investigator. Any tips?"

Guidry: "Wait, your first house cleansing is tonight?!"

Guidry: "Well, since you're obviously about to head off, I'll give you some quick words of wisdom. Never make the ghosties too mad, and kick every evil doll you see right in the face. Oh! You can also summon me any time if you need me."

Ruby: "Sounds good, thanks Guidry. I'll see you later."

Ruby is at her first house cleansing!

Ruby: "This place looks small enough. This should be pretty easy."

Ruby: "You must be the townie that lives here?"

Townie: "I sure am. My house is haunted, you've gotta help me!"

Townie: "The ghosties are so scary, I can't even sleep with all the random thuds and wind noises I hear around the house."

Ruby: "Only thuds and wind noises? That means the ghosties around here aren't that angry... thank gosh. Don't worry, I'll have your house cleansed of any spirits in no time."

Great job, Ruby! That was very confident!

Ruby: "I'm actually terrified."

Ruby: "Huh?"

Ruby: "I think I just saw the lights flickering..."

Since there's no séance table, Ruby had to place her own séance circle on the floor. (I have no idea why this circle costs 5 simoleons.)

Ruby: "Are there any ghosties here willing to commune with me?"

Townie: "Are you allowed to turn on the TV during a séance?"

How should I know?!

Looks like you did it anyway.

Townie: "AH! I heard something strange!"

They'll never catch you when you're hiding under the bed.

Ruby: "The ghosties around here seem happy enough, but they're a little too comfortable. I wonder how I'm gonna break the news to them that they're gonna have to leave."

There's some creepy hands growing out of the ground!

And some creepy branches!

Ruby: "UGH!"

Ruby: "You're no match for me, creepy ground hands!"

Looks like they weren't.

Ruby: "Neither are you, creepy branches!"

Ruby: "UGH!"

Ruby: "Maybe that'll help send the message to the ghosties."

Ruby: "One last cleansing shouldn't hurt, though."

Townie: "Hey... I think it worked! I don't hear any strange noises anymore! Thanks, you're the best."

Ruby: "Wow... it actually worked."

Ruby: "I mean... of course it worked! I'm an expert!"

Ruby: "All that cleansing drained my energy... zzz..."

Ruby...?

Ruby: "Ah! I'm awake! I'm awake!"

Ruby: "I guess my job here is done, call me if there's something strange in your neighborhood again!"

Townie: "Will do! Thanks again!"

Ruby's first gig as a Paranormal Investigator was a success!

No, no, no, no, no!

NOT LARRY! GET AWAY FROM LARRY!

Grim Reaper: "Llamas are always the saddest jobs."

Grim Reaper: "Hey, little guy."

No, I'm gonna cry!

LARRYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Rest In Peace, Larry Parsons. You were such a wonderful llama with loads of personality, and you will be dearly missed.

I don't know how to break the news to Rylie.

Speaking of Rylie, I found these selfies of her with her oversized lettuce and Sally the Snail in her inventory!

Claudio: "There should be pictures of me on the wall in every room."

Kelly: "Did someone order pizza?"

You don't look excited enough for someone that's holding pizza.

Ruby has gotten really close with Midnight, too.

Guidry: "Ruby, I need to talk with you."

Ruby: "This couldn't have waited until the morning?"

Ruby: "Wait a minute... I feel a strong evil presence right now!"

Ruby: "Huh? Is there a ghostie behind me?"

Temperance: "MWAHAHAHAHA! It is I, Temperance, the ultimate evil ghost!"

Guidry: "Uh... Ruby, this is Temperance... AKA, my sworn enemy. She's evil as they come-"

Ruby: "Why the heck would you bring your sworn evil enemy into my house?! You know I'm still afraid of evil ghosties!"

Guidry: "Calm down, Ruby, I didn't mean to bring her here."

Guidry: "Temperance and I go way back... it's complicated. I may have accidentally let it slip that I was guiding a sim who lived in this house, so she decided to show up. I tried to stop her, but how can you stop a ghost? Anyways, she might try following you to your Paranormal Investigator gig tonight, so take this bizzare idol with you. She hates these things!"

Ruby: "Oh, come on!"

Ruby is at her second Paranormal Investigator gig!

Ruby: "It's only a matter of time until Temperance turns up... I'm scared!"

Ruby: *Knock, knock*

Ruby: "Hey, this place seems nice enough. Not many angry spirits hanging around here."

Ruby: "Maybe Temperance won't turn up after all! Right? ...Right?"

Ruby: "Nice to meet you, I'm here to help cleanse your house."

Townie: "You look more afraid than me."

Townie: "Are you sure you're gonna be able to cleanse this place?"

Townie: "I've been hearing strange noises for weeks now."

Ruby: "Don't worry, I'll cleanse this place in no time. I've just got some things on my mind..."

Ruby created another séance circle.

Ruby: "Hello, ghosties. I'm here to commune with you."

Ruby: "The ghosties around here are definitely happier than Temperance."

Ruby: "Ghosties, please protect me from Temperance."

Temperance: "Did someone say my name three times?"

Ruby: "AHHHH! It's Temperance!"

Ruby: "What should I do, what should I do?!"

Ruby: "Wait a minute... she's gone..."

Ruby: "That's weird. Was I just seeing things?"

Ruby: "I almost forgot what I came in here for, to mop up this strange print on the floor."

Ruby: "I really hope I was just seeing things and Temperance isn't really in this house."

Temperance: "Hehehe..."

Ruby: "I need to sense the energy in this house."

Uh oh, Temperance broke the TV!

Townie: "What the heck is going on with the stove?"

Temperance strikes again!

Ruby: "What the heck is that?!"

Ruby: "Temperance left that creepy doll, didn't she?!"

Ruby: "She also broke the TV!"

Ruby: "I wasn't just seeing things, Temperance is really here!"

Quick, place the bizzare idol Guidry gave you to scare Temperance away!

Temperance: "What can I do next to scare every sim here?"

Not today, Temperance!

Another creepy doll, really?

Temperance: "AH! A bizzare idol! I absolutely hate those things! Get it away from me!"

Ruby: "Is it working? Is she leaving?!"

Temperance: "This isn't over!"

Temperance: "Hmph. I'll be back!"

Ruby: "Oh my gosh, that was so scary. Thank gosh you're here, Guidry!"

Guidry: "Now you have an idea of why Temperance and I are sworn enemies."

Ruby: "No kidding, she's horrible!"

Guidry: "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you."

Ruby: "Thanks, Guidry."

Ruby: "I'm still kinda terrified, though!"
Guidry: "I can see that!"

Guidry: "Here, take this wraith wax. You can mold this stuff into sacred candles! And no, you don't need to be one of those Evergreen Harbor hipsters to make these, either. Just give it a try!

Ruby: "Wow, why didn't I ever think of this?"

These sacred candles should keep the place safe.

Ruby: "You've been such a big help, Guidry."

Guidry: "Hey, that's what I'm here for."

Ruby: "Let's get Temperance's creepy dolls out of here."

Ruby: "UGH!"

Guidry: "Now, that's what I like to see!"

Ruby: "Oww!"

Ruby: "Heh... I didn't see that goo there."

Ruby: "I don't think I'll be able to cleanse this house in time. I spent the entire night running from Temperance."

Guidry: "Just place a sacred candle and try your best."

Perfect!

Ruby: "Temperance placed another creepy doll in here, Guidry!!!"

Guidry: "Woah, calm down. Temperance is gone now, it's okay."

Ruby: "You're right, I just need to calm down and cleanse this place. I can do this."

Mop, mop, mop.

Not without some sacred candles nearby, of course.

There's some more creepy hands growing out of the ground!

Ruby: "Get outta here, creepy ground hands!"

Ruby: "This is the creepy goo I slipped on before."

Ruby: "AH! I think I heard something! I already used all my sacred candles in the other rooms!"

Ruby: "It's already 6:30AM. I didn't finish the job in time, I feel like a failure."

Guidry: "Hey, you're not a failure, you tried your hardest. Maybe try sticking with the easy jobs for a while instead of taking up the medium and hard gigs. Also, avoid Temperance."

Ruby: "I guess you're right."

Looks like Ruby is gonna need the brave trait so she's not so easily spooked anymore. It costs a lot of reward points, though, so it won't be easy to get.

Myles decided to take Midnight for a walk.

Ruby: "I had so many nightmares about Temperance all night!"

I decided to turn whims back on in the menu so that Ruby can earn some extra reward points to get the brave trait. She has to call random sims all day since she's in a happy mood.

Ruby: "Kelly, give me a hug! This is totally not for reward points, or anything!"

Kelly: "It's not? How sweet of you!"

Ruby is also really interested in collecting gems and crystals, so I sent her to the place that has a ridiculous amount of gems.

Yep, Oasis Springs! This should also help her earn more reward points, since her aspiration is to collect gems!

Ruby: "These gems are harder to extract than they look!"

Ruby: "Hey, what's that over there?"

That's Forgotten Grotto! Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandma Kalani discovered it!

Ruby: "Woah..."

Ruby: "This place looks awesome already! I'm going in."

Ruby: "It was a long walk to get here."

Forgotten Grotto is so pretty!

Look at all these crystals!

Ruby: "There's plenty of crystals on the walls, but none on the ground!"

Maybe you can collect some frogs.

Ruby: "That's all there is in here?!"

Maybe we should come back another day.

Ruby purchased a van!

She's always wanted to live in a van and perform reading on sims who walk by the Willow Creek park. She'll switch between living here and living on the farm. I downloaded this van from the gallery and mostly redecorated the inside!

This is the inside!

I love it! It suits Ruby very well.

She even has a painting of Guidry on the wall.

The bathroom is so small that I had to take the screenshot of it in this weird angle.

Ruby: "I can't believe there were no crystals in Forgotten Grotto."

Shouldn't you be happy? You're finally moving into your van!

Ruby: "I wanted some crystals to decorate this place with!"

I think this place is decorated enough.

Ruby: "You can never have too many decorations."

This van is so cute!

Ruby: "I guess it's pretty cool."

Townie: "Are you performing palm readings at this time?"

Ruby: "No, I'm about to go to a gig! Come back tomorrow!"

Ruby: "I'm super tired, but I have a solution."

A vimberry?

Ruby: "I don't think I thought this van thing through. Is there no heater in here?!"

Ruby: "Anyways, I'm off to my next gig."


No comments:

Post a Comment