Friday, May 7, 2021

Chapter 223

Today is the day!

It's Piper's first acting gig playing Vulpes on Critters from the Mauven Forest!

Are you excited, Piper?

Piper: "Kinda nervous. Let's do this."

Ooh, the set looks amazing!

The crew is getting all set up.

Crew Member: "Hehe... the WabbitTablet is so much fun."
Piper: "Seriously?"

Piper: "Alright, this door must be hair and makeup."

Piper: "Are you the makeup artist and hair stylist?"

Makeup Artist: "I sure am!"

Piper: "Awesome! Let's get started!"

Piper: "This mirror lighting is very unflattering."

Yeah, I don't think neon green is the best lighting to do hair and makeup in.

Piper: "What sort of look are we going for?"

Makeup Artist: "Doesn't matter, you'll be in a giant costume anyways."

Piper: "Ooh, that palette is so pretty!"

That's a lot of makeup for a sim who's face won't be seen.

Piper: "Ugh, do we really need more blush?"

Makeup Artist: "Of course we do, you can never have too much blush!"

Piper: "Hmph."

You definitely can have too much blush, and this is way too much.

Now for some setting spray, I guess.

That's a lot of setting spray. This makeup artist is excessive with everything!

Makeup Artist: "What do ya think?"

Piper: "How do I look?"

Gothic.

Piper: "Say what?"

Makeup Artist: "Alright, hair time."

Makeup Artist: "I'm gonna give you a style that'll be the most comfortable in that giant costume you'll be wearing."

Makeup Artist: "I'll also give you some temporary hair color, this pink is ridiculous."

Excuse you?!

Piper: "How do I look now?"

30 years older.

Makeup Artist: "Perfect! Everyone will love how you look under that costume!"

Piper: "Can I look in the mirror yet?"

Yes, yes you can.

Piper: "Why do I look 30 years older and gothic?"

Told ya.

Piper: "Welp, I guess it's time to get in costume."

Makeup Artist: "Hmm... let me read about the latest gothic styles."

Crew Member: "Where the heck is Piper Parsons? She's supposed to be in costume by now!"

I think these are the sims who will be styling Piper!

I wonder how she'll look.

Piper: "I'm here and all ready to be transformed into Vulpes!"

Stylist: "You took your time arriving, didn't you? We've been waiting for you for a long time. This isn't a good look."

Piper: "Uh... I was in hair and makeup turning into a goth."

Director: "Where is Vulpes?"

Director: "I'm ready to get started. Have her ready stat!"

Piper: "What color scheme are we going for?"

Stylist: "Everything Vulpes stands for - bright and colorful!"

Piper: "I mean, I was pretty bright and colorful before the makeup artist turned me into a goth."

Stylist: "Don't worry, I'll fix the mess she made."

Piper: "Please do."

Piper is officially Vulpes!

Piper: "How do I look?"

Adorable!

Piper: "I'd better post this on social media."

Piper: "I'll be discrete and write a vague post about exploring the Mauven Forest."

Piper: "Alright, let me have a last read over of my lines before I go on stage."

Piper: "Should I improvise if I forget my lines?"

What would your improv be?

Piper: "It would go like this... 'Oh no! I'm lost in the Mauven Forest and I can't remember anything! HELP ME!"

Sounds good.

Piper: "I think I'm ready to head on stage!"

Crew Member: "Finally! It only took you a few hours, diva!"

Piper: "You're just jelly that I'm the star of the show."

Crew Member: "Jealous?! Me?! NEVER! I'M NOT JEALOUS!"

Piper: "I'd better go tell the director that I'm ready."

I'm so excited!

Piper: "Okay... I'm ready."

Crew Member: "She's ready!"

Director: "Tell her I'm very excited to work with her."

Piper: "I'm standing right here, y'know?"

Director: "LIGHTS!"

Ooh, the stage is so bright and colorful!

Crew Member: "Vulpes, take to the stage!"

Piper: "Alright, time to get in character. I think I'm gonna play it safe this time and not take risks."

Crew Member: "CAMERA!"

Director: "Singing scene, take one. Aaand... ACTION!"

Vulpes: ♫ "Welcome to the Mauven Forest!" ♫

Vulpes: ♫ "It's super, duper fun, I promise!" ♫

Vulpes: ♫ "It's where all the Voidcritters get together!" ♫

Vulpes: ♫ "And sing and dance forever and ever!" ♫

Vulpes: ♫ "Come and join in on the fun, it's super fun for everyone!" ♫

Director: "Alright, CUT!"

Piper: "Phew, I hope I did well!"

Director: "That was great! Now, to the dancing scene, take one... ACTION!

Piper: "I'm back in character!"

Vulpes: "Let's dance, dance, dance, everyone!"

Vulpes: "The more I dance..."

Vulpes: "The more bubbles that appear!"

Director: "Keep dancing!"

Piper: "How much longer? I'm getting tired!"

Piper: "It's getting super hot in this costume, too!"

Director: "Alright, CUT! That was great! Now, for the final scene, the guitar scene! I hope you've been practising."

Piper: "Uh... should I stand here?"

Director: "Yep! Alright, guitar scene, take one... ACTION!

Piper: "I hope my guitar practising with Servo pays off!"

Vulpes: "C'mon everyone, let's play the Critters from the Mauven Forest theme song on guitar!"

Vulpes: "Anyone can do it!"

Piper: "Okay... was that good?"

Director: "CUT! Perfect! That's a wrap, everyone!"

Welp... the lights are off. Piper did great!

Must... resist... free... pizza.

Piper: "I think I did pretty good, I played it safe and everything went smooth."

Piper: "I'd better update my simstagram again."

Piper: "I wonder if anyone will guess that I'm Vulpes before the show airs."

Finley: "That reminds me, I need to update my simstagram for the 562nd time today."

Piper: "I'll update all of my other social medias, too!"

Piper: "Wait, I think I'm getting a call from Well Suited Talent Agency!"

Piper: "Hello?"
Well Suited Talent Agency: "Well, you earned a paycheck, Piper. You didn't bring your A game on set and it showed. No one is going to put up a fuss, but no one is going to remember you either. Step up your effort next time. Call you when another job comes up."

That was pretty cutthroat.

Piper: "I guess that's what I get for playing it super safe on stage and not taking any risks at all. Maybe I should have sung a super high note or done the worm?"

Where did this adorable pupper come from?

Looks like Peach had a puppy with another dog in the neighborhood!

Introducing Pupcake Parsons! Isn't she adorable?

Pupcake: "Who, me?"

Servo loves her already, of course.

He's the best pet dad ever!

Pupcake: "Now, to explore!"

It'll take you a while to explore this giant house.

Lemonade: "Make sure that puppy doesn't eat my food."

Woohoo! Kylan has finally reached level 5 (the final level) of the juice fizzing skill!

He's finally achieved all of his goals! Hooray!

Now, onto the next task.

A brutal task... decorating the Winterfest tree.

Kim: "My expertise is needed here, clearly."

Pupcake: "Alright, I've explored the laundry room. Am I almost done, yet?"

You've barely even started.

The tree is coming along nicely!

Pupcake: "I think I'll take a break from exploring the house for a while, it's way too big."

Kim: "Where's Kylan? I need to judge someone's tree decorating skills."

Peach: "Daughter, how did you find me?"

Pupcake: "I searched all around Del Sol Valley for you!"

Peach: "I finally have another dog around here to play with again!"

The most adorable playmate there is!

It's Winterfest, so you know what that means. Grand feast time!

Pupcake: "Forget the grand feast, let's all freak out about the storm outside!"

This is terrible Winterfest weather!

Y'all still haven't finished decorating the tree?! It's Winterfest day!

Finally, it's finished!

Kim: "Where the heck is Father Winter with the gifts?"

Piper: "Let's hope this ham doesn't go to all the wrong places, the camera adds 10 pounds."

Kylan: "Either way, it's delicious!"

Excuse me, who the heck are you and why are you on the Parsons pool float?!

Townie: "You don't remember me? I'm the obnixous crew member from Critters of the Mauven Forest."

Even more reason why you shouldn't be on that floatie! Go away!

Pupcake: "I can't wait until I can jump in the pool!"

You're definitely Ice Cream's grandpup.

Knox: "Oh my gosh, it's Finley Parsons! I came here to recycle using your recycling machine against your will, but can I please get an autograph?"

Finley: "Of course you can."

Knox: "Yes! I'm so excited!"

Finley: "Here you go, make sure it doesn't accidentally slip into the recycler."

Knox: "I shall cherish this more than I cherish the green footprint of Evergreen Harbor."

Finley: "Before you go..."

Finley: "Let everyone know how rich I am."

Wow, this is pretty generous towards a sim who was just using your recycler against your will.

Servo is slowly but surely increasing his fabrication skill, it takes so long to level up! Making candles levels it up a lot slower than using the fabricator machine.

Piper earned this mic from increasing one of her skills (I think?), so she decided to use it to practise acting. She can use it later when she wants to practise singing, too.

Piper: "Maybe I'll be a triple threat."

Piper: "Singing, acting and dancing! I'll be unstoppable!"

Father Winter: "Ho, ho, ho! Happy Winterfest!"

Kim: "Happy Winterfest, Father Winter! If I wasn't married, I'd definitely try to woo you right now."
Servo: "What did I just hear with the ears I don't have?"

I really hope you're kidding, Kim. Father Winter of all sims?! Really?!

Kim: "Hey, don't judge me! It's some sim's life goal to have a baby with Father Winter, you know?"

Father Winter: "How flattering. I guess they just can't resist my handsome looks, right?"

Kim: "Is Father Winter trying to be charming?"

Kylan: "I'm way more charming than Father Winter!"

Kylan: "I can make you a bunch of romantic candles and fizzy juice!"

Piper: "Oh, come on! Of course it's raining as soon as I come home from my audition!"

Piper: "At least I can say I got the part! I'll be playing the handywoman for the Valdislaus Hardware commercial."

Hooray, Piper! Guess you'd better start working on your handiness skill.

Kylan: "Valdislaus Hardware? Ha! They have nothing on my home furniture making business!"
Kim: "Dang right they don't, honey!"

Piper also has to work on her athletic skill before filming, too.

Piper: "In the rain?"

Yes, in the rain.

At least the storm spawned a new gem to add to the Parsons collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment