Saturday, February 4, 2023

Chapter 269

It's prom night!

Everyone is already inside.

The Parsons had to arrive fashionably late.

Delaney: "That's the best way to arrive."

Rocco: "Do I look like a tough guy?"

No.

Dakota and Delaney immediately went to the photobooth.

Delaney: "This picture is... wait..."

Delaney: "DAKOTA!!!"

Delaney: "Who would push me out of a photo? I'm awesome."

Dakota: "No you're not, that's why I pushed you out!"
Delaney: "Hey!"

Delaney: "This soup from the snack table is delicious."

Rocco voted for the prom royalty and jokester right before awards.

*Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Principal: "Is this thing on?"

Principal: "Attention, please!"

Principal: "We are announcing the prom royalty and jokester. The awards go to... two random townies!"

Prom Jokester: "Woohoo! I can't believe I won prom royalty!"

You didn't win prom royalty, you won prom jokester.

Prom Royalty: "I have no idea how I won."

Dakota: "I can't believe I didn't win prom royalty."

Delaney: "Okay, maybe we finally got a good photobooth picture-"

Delaney: "ROCCO!!!"

It's New Year's Eve time!

Everyone: "Shashoobee!"

Everyone: "Happy New Year!"

Macaron, not near the grilled fruit!

These two have been working on their extracurricular activities all day.

From solely riding his bicycle and never working out a day in his life, Colby has unintentionally reached level 10 of the fitness skill!

Rocco is now trying to earn the Good Deeds badge. He needs to make sims laugh and take out the trash.

Rocco: "What did the number 0 say to the number 8?"

Colby: "'Nice belt.' That joke is nothing new, son."

Rocco: "I'll just take out the trash to earn the badge instead of telling bad jokes."

After mastering the programming skill, Delaney is working on the video gaming skill. I'm not sure if she'll ever complete it in time, though.

Happy birthday, Dakota!

Dakota aged up into a young adult! Now, get out.

Colby: "Which side do chickens have most feathers on? The outside... duh! Hahahahaha!"
Servo: "I thought we were done with the bad jokes around here."

Rocco: "Yes! I've earned my Good Deeds badge! Now, I only have one more badge to earn, the Young Scientist badge!"

Delaney: "Don't mind me, just working on the most annoying skill in the game!"

The charisma skill... ugh...

Servo: "If it makes you feel any better, I'm also working on one of the most annoying aspirations."

Why would that make me feel any better?

Delaney: "I wonder who made these delicious hamburgers?"
Rocco: "That would be me after grilling all day yesterday to earn my scout badge."

Servo is once again enrolled in university! He will be earning a degree in communications.

Rocco: "Today is the day I become a Llamacorn Scout... the highest ranking scout member of all."

Woah... this microscope is huge!

Rocco needs to use it to earn the Young Scientist scout badge, though.

I have no idea what he's looking at.

Another university degree, another presentation.

Delaney: "Hey, bestie! Are you excited for cheer practice tomorrow?"

Delaney is super close to becoming a head cheerleader, too!

Rocco: "I've finally done it!"

Hooray! Rocco is officially a Llamacorn Scout!

Rocco: "I can't believe it, I worked so hard for this!"

His scout trophies shall be proudly displayed on top of the fireplace.

After Delaney's trophy gets displayed for a moment, too. Delaney reached level 3 of cheerleading!

Delaney: "Finally!"

Happy birthday, Delaney!

Delaney aged up into a young adult!

Aaand... here we have our generation 18 heiress!

Happy birthday, Colby!

Macaron: "Ignore all of these birthdays and pay attention to me instead."

Happy birthday, Daphne!

Colby aged up into an elder!

So did Daphne!

Colby: "We're still awesome though, aren't we, honey?"

Daphne: "You know it."

Delaney is entering the style influencer career to become a stylist! She'll also be graduating with honors at her high school graduation ceremony!

To get ahead fast, she's writing and submitting a style article.

Delaney: "I'll write an article titled "A Guide to Wearing Rocker Outfits"."

Delaney: "Hey, who broke the teapot? I was trying to make some tea to become inspired!"

You broke it.

Delaney: "There's no way it was me even though I'm the only sim in the kitchen. It had to have been someone else!"

Why do elder sims love mopping up puddles outside?

Delaney is down at ThriftTea today!

She needs to interview some sims for her career.

Delaney: "It wouldn't hurt thrifting a little while I'm here, too."

What better sim to give an interview about fashion choices than a sim wearing pink socks?

Delaney: "May I ask why you're wearing pink socks? Is it some kind of fashion statement you're trying to make?"

Townie: "Not really, I just didn't have any other socks to wear and didn't think any other sims would notice."

Delaney: "...You really thought no one would notice you're wearing neon pink socks?"

Townie: "Hey, at least I'm not wearing my eyeball ring today."

Delaney: "Why do you even own an eyeball ring- uh... nevermind. Thank you for your time today."

There's some more random sims around the corner that Delaney can interview.

Delaney: "Hey there! Your I love your outfit, even though it totally clashes with your ducky umbrella!"

Townie: "Oh my gosh, thanks!"

Delaney: "Would you mind if I conduct a short interview where I question your fashion choices?"

Townie: "Uh... sure! I found this outfit while thrift shopping here, actually."

Delaney: "Interesting. You can find even more awesome outfits on my Trendi. Follow me!"

Townie: "What about me? Isn't my outfit awesome?"

Delaney: "It's pretty basic, where did you get it from?"

Townie: "Somewhere in San Myshuno. It was pretty expensive, though."

Delaney: "There's no way that outfit came from San Myshuno. San Myshuno is the fashion capitol of the sim world!"

Bubble. Tea. EVERYWHERE!

Delaney: "I got a free bubble tea because some sim keeps leaving them all over the place."

Delaney: "Hmm... mango... not bad."

Delaney: "Alright, now that I've conducted my interviews, I need to thrift for some streetwear outfits to sell on Trendi since they're currently trending. Trends go by fast, so I need to hurry!"

Delaney: "First outfit... looking okay."

Delaney: "Second outfit seems pretty edgy."

Delaney: "Loving the third outfit!"

Delaney: "Fourth outfit... this should sell pretty fast."

Delaney: "Aaand, the final outfit! This is definitely my favorite!"

Delaney: "Let's see how long it takes to tell these outfits on Trendi, shall we?"

This outfit screams 'townie'.

Next, Delaney needs to write a fashion column.

Delaney: "This column is about the questionable choices townies make regarding accessories and how to fix them."

Ooh! Delaney got an electronic drafting tablet from her job!

She'll be able to sketch outfit ideas once she reaches level 4 in the career.

Delaney: "For now, I'll work on my artistic skill by drawing a stick man."

Delaney: "Break time = yogurt time!"

Back to work.

A few of Delaney's outfits already sold on Trendi!

Rocco: "Rocco is the best scout in the world."

Rocco: "Hey, did you hear what the scout guide said?"

Uh oh... Servo is angry! RUN, EVERYONE!

Oh, thank gosh. He's happy once he's back to knitting.

Who needs a guard dog when you have Macaron guarding the door?

Delaney: "I've been working on different greetings all day for my charisma skill. Can I stop yet?!"

Only to brush your teeth.

Delaney: "Alright, I'm feeling confident enough to continue working on my charisma skill."

Daphne: "Help! I need to tinkle!"

Colby: "You really woke me up for this, honey? Just go downstairs and tinkle."

It's Love Day time!

Delaney: "Do you and dad still celebrate Love Day, mom?"

Daphne: "Not much after all these years, sweetie."

Delaney: "Is that true, dad?"

Colby: "No. She'll kill me if I don't give her a flower today."

Delaney: "Uh... on that note, I'd better head down to Mt. Komorebi."

Why is Delaney down in Mt. Komorebi, you ask?

To interview sims about their outfits and take pictures of them for her fashion column.

Delaney: "Your outfit is so stylish! I'd totally snowboard in that outfit!"

Townie: "Gee, thanks."

Delaney: "Could I maybe interest you in being apart of my fashion column I'm writing about the outfits of Mt. Komorebi by taking your picture?"
Townie: "Hmm... why not?"

Fabulous, dahling!

Delaney: "One down, two to go!"

Delaney: "Oh. My. Gosh. I just love your outfit! The red... the black! A-MA-ZING! Could I take your picture so you can be in my fashion column I'm writing about the outfits of Mt. Komorebi?"

Townie: "I've never really considered myself a fashion icon, but sure."

Stunning!

Delaney: "Bathroom break!"

Delaney: "Okay, just one more sim to photograph for my fashion column."

Up the ski mountain she goes.

Delaney: "I've already found the perfect sim."

Delaney: "Hey, there! Your outfit screams 'daredevil'! Would you mind letting me take your picture so you can be in my fashion column I'm writing about the outfits of Mt Komorebi?"

Adam: "Wait a minute, you actually approached me because of my outfit? I'm not really into fashion. My outfit screams 'daredevil' because that's kinda what I am... I'm an 'adrenaline junkie', if you will. I'm obsessed with rock climbing most of all."

Adam: "And I'm actually kinda too busy attempting to climb this wall behind me to be taking pictures for fashion columns... unless you wanna climb up with me, maybe then I'll consider."

Delaney: "You're not really gonna make me climb up a wall to take your picture, are you?"

Delaney: "Listen here 'adrenaline junkie daredevil', I've only got a little bit of time to write this fashion column, and I would really appreciate it if you would just let me quickly take your picture and be on my merry way, okay?"

Adam: "What's your deal?"

Delaney: "I just told you what my deal is. Will you accept, or not?"

Adam: "I've already told you my terms. Climb up a wall with me and maybe I'll consider."

Delaney: "So if I climb up the wall with you, you'll let me take a picture of your outfit?" 

Adam: "...Possibly."

Adam: "So, are you in or not?"

Delaney: "I guess so. How far are we climbing up this wall?"

Adam: "All the way to the top!"

Delaney: "All the way to the top?! Are you crazy?! We could injure ourselves or die!"

Adam: "Hey, do you want the picture or not?"

Delaney: "Okay, fine. I'm in!"

Uh... I don't think this is the best idea, Delaney.

Adam: "Hmm... how are we gonna do this?"
Delaney: "This is stupid."

Delaney: "You really think I'm gonna be able to climb this wall wearing high heel boots? What do you usually wear when you climb up this wall?"

Adam: "I mean... to be honest... I've never climbed this wall. It's a bit too advanced for me."
Delaney: "Say what?"

Thank gosh, they decided to try out the beginners wall instead.

Looks like Adam kinda knows what he's doing.

Adam: "This is nothing."

Delaney: "Hey, this isn't as hard as I thought it'd be."

Adam: "AH!"

Delaney: "Look at poor little Mr. Daredevil over there-"

Delaney: "AH!"

I wonder who will make it to the top first?

Looks like it might be Delaney.

Alas!

Delaney is the winner!

Adam: "Wow, that was impressive. You made it up the wall before me."

Delaney: "Hehe... it was nothing."

Delaney: "Now will you let me take your picture for my fashion column?"

Adam: "Definitely. It's the least I could do! Not only did you brave the wall, but you made it to the top before me."

This is why we don't take pictures with the flash on in The Sims, ladies and gentlemen.

Adam: "Alright, see you later."
Delaney: "Wait, where are you going?"

Adam: "You got your picture, didn't you? I'm sure you're busy doing other things, so I'm gonna go back to rockclimbing."

Delaney: "I mean... maybe you could also let me conduct an interview for my next fashion column?"

Adam: "Sure, if you'd like."

Delaney: "So, do you always buy ripped clothes?"
Adam: "Buy? These rips came from all the crazy sporting activities I do!"

Delaney: "Hmm... I see..."

Delaney: "Do you always wear black?"

Adam: "I guess so. I didn't even notice I wore so much black."

Delaney: "Usually we're drawn to our favorite colors when we buy outfits. Why do you think I wear so much green?"

Adam: "That makes sense. It looks cute on you, too."

Adam: "Anyways, I guess I should get going now-"

Delaney: "Wait, what's that?!"

Adam: "What's what?"

Delaney: "Hehehe..."

Delaney: "This!"

Adam: "Hey! That wasn't nice!"

Delaney: "That's what you get for making me climb up that wall."

Delaney: "Hahahahaha! Okay, I'll see you later, Adam!"

Adam: "Hahaha! You got me!"

Adam: "I'll see you around, Delaney!"

Jocelyn came over to visit today!

Delaney: "Adam accepted my social bunny friend request!"

Delaney: "Hahaha! He seriously posted 'Call me Agnes Crumplebottom's purse, cause I'd hit on you, Delaney.'? He's hilarious!"

After a fun and scary day, it's back to practicing the charisma skill.

Rocco: "Ugh, there's nothing good on TV. Having nothing to do since becoming a Llamacorn Scout is so boring."
Servo: "Wanna do my homework for me?"

Daphne is getting pretty good at cooking. She's been doing it whenever Servo is too busy.

Maybe the Parsons can be trusted with cooking again?

*Sparkles!*

Emerald aged up into an elder!

She's still as cute as a button.

True love is mopping up the puddle that is being left behind by the broken sink that your spouse is repairing.

The Festival of Snow is on today in Mt. Komorebi!

Guess who invited everyone?

Dakota: "It was me."

Delaney: "This festival is pretty cool."

Well, well, well, look who's buying some adventure gear.

Delaney: "Hey, Adam. What are you doing here? You don't really seem like the festival type."

Adam: "I'm not really here for the festival, I'm just always hanging out in Mt. Komorebi for the rock climbing and happened to get caught up in it. What are you doing here again?"

Delaney: "My sister invited my family out here. Sooo... you're buying adventure gear?"

Adam: "Yep! Just trying to help myself level up in rock climbing, snowboarding and skiing. Better gear can help with that."

Delaney: "Do you also collect Simmi capsules?"

Adam: "...Who told you that?"

Delaney: "You can't hang around Mt. Komorebi without resisting the urge to buy some Simmi capsules."

Adam: "Okay, you caught me. I occasionally collect Simmi capsules."

Colby: "Hey, Yamachan! Can I take a selfie with you?"

Colby: "Cheese!"

What a wonderful selfie, even though there's a random townie in the background staring directly into the camera's soul.

Colby and Yamachan don't seem to mind, though.

Delaney: "Maybe we could try some sledding?"

Adam: "I'm in! Looks like you got a little more brave after rock climbing the other day."

While everyone sleds, snowboards and skis, Servo knits.

Be careful, Daphne!

Daphne: "Woohoo!"

Rocco: "This is kinda scary!"

Adam: "Are you ready?"
Delaney: "As ready as I'll ever be."

This doesn't look too wild.

Maybe because it was the bunny slope.

Adam: "Look ma, no hands!"

Delaney: "That wasn't so scary."

Adam: "Maybe next time we can go down the more difficult slope."

Delaney: "In your dreams."

Adam: "So, uh... I'm not the biggest fan of festivals, but I heard of another festival you might like."

Delaney: "Oh, really?"

Delaney: "Is it the romance festival by any chance? I'm assuming it is after your flirty social bunny post the other day."

Adam: "Yeah... let's go!"


No comments:

Post a Comment