Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Chapter 171

While the Parsons sleep...

Servo does the laundry.

And upgrades the windmill so it will stop breaking all the time.

Simmie: "Can he pay attention to me too?"

Servo: "Must. Resist. Petting. Dog."

Why does it look like the Parsons are eating the cat for breakfast?

Elodie: "I wouldn't be surprised. This family is nuts."

Landon: "That was delicious!"

Jaxton: "I can't tell if he's talking about the cat or the sandwich... I'm scared."

Bombardier Beetle: "You should be."

Paisley: "Even the beetles are making threats now?"

You should be the most afraid of the beetles, they're always setting you on fire.

Zhora: "Which is reason number 257 why I don't go near the bugs."

Elodie: "This monte cat- I mean cristo sandwich is delicious!"

Paisley: "Ah, I love you, my little recycling bag."

Paisley: "Just don't tell Deven that, I'm cheating on him with you."

Jaxton: "Why is my daughter hugging and talking to a trash bag?!"

The real question is, why are you even surprised at this point?

Paisley is off to her second day at work as a civil designer!

She hasn't been promoted yet, but she should be promoted in no time.

Paisley: "We already know what my first job of the day is."

Yep, checking the community board.

Paisley: "I can't wait for the voting to open again! I'm so happy that Upcycling Initiative won the last vote!"

Now, off to perform her next task for the day, recycling.

Servo: "This bombardier beetle is my best friend."

Paisley: "Mwahahahaha! I love recycling! Crush those leftovers!"

Uh... Paisley, recycling isn't supposed to be evil, it's supposed to be a good thing.

Paisley: "Let me have my fun."

Paisley: "What's more satisfying than watching this machine crush stuff and turn it into recyclable materials?"

Paisley: "Oop, here it comes!"

Hooray! This recycled material will be used for many good things.

Paisley: "This recycling machine is my favorite thing in the world!"

Now that Paisley has finished work for the day, she gets to hang out with the bugs.

Paisley: "Aww, I love my little grub."

It's Winterfest time! 🎄🎅🤶 Please ignore the fact that the lights are ugly, I didn't feel like changing them.

Paisley: "What do you mean you didn't feel like changing them? We need to have the best looking solar powered Winterfest lights in Evergreen Harbor!"

Paisley travelled down to the community space right near the Parsons house.

Right now it's empty, but once the community has voted for what they want to use the space for, it'll be amazing! Right now, Paisley is leaning towards voting for a Marketplace. The votes will open in a couple of sim days.

Paisley decided to sort through the compost and recycling in the dumpster.

Simeon: "I don't trust that sim around dumpsters, I've seen what she's done in them!"

Okay, creep.

Simeon: "Hi, what are you voting for to turn this place into?"

Paisley: "A marketplace."

Paisley: "But knowing these townies, they'll probably all vote for something completely different. Anyway, back to what I was doing."

Simeon: "She's not very nice, is she?"

Paisley decided to read the community board again.

Paisley: "I can't wait for the voting to open on Friday so we can choose what to turn this place into!"

It's that time again! Yep, it's Winterfest time! This time, the Parsons couldn't afford to buy as many holiday crackers, but oh well. Hopefully they'll find some more plushies.

Simmie: "I love plushies!"
Ralphie: "If you do find a plushie, let me know so I can rip it up... or else."

Deven came over today to help decorate the Winterfest tree. This poor guy has no idea what he's in for.

Deven: "Why don't we decorate the tree with real candy canes?"

Jaxton: "He really thinks we're going to regard his opinion?"
Paisley: "We're most certainly not."

Paisley: "Only one opinion matters while decorating this tree... mine."

Deven: "I wonder what they're talking about... anyway..."

Deven: "These ornaments look good."

Elodie: "Ooh, we're decorating the tree? I'm the tree decorating expert around here."

Deven: "Do you think this tournament... I mean... ornament will look good right here?"
Elodie: "No, get that ugly ornament off my tree."

Deven: "You said you want me to put them all over the tree?"

Elodie: "Does this sim have selective hearing or is he just stupid?"

Both.

Elodie: "Why can't I just decorate the tree by myself?"

Deven: "You said you'd really love my help? Of course!"

Jaxton: "In what world do those ornaments look good?"

Paisley: "I feel like we could go for a yellow and red theme."

Elodie: "If you want it to look ugly, then sure."

Paisley: "Hey! It's not ugly!"

Paisley: "Aunt Elodie is just jelly of my yellow decorations."

Jaxton: "Ornament incoming!"

Deven: "Uh... I'm no expert, but I don't think that's how you're supposed to hang ornaments."

The tree decorating has barely begun and it's already brutal.

It can only get more brutal from here.

Paisley: "Dad, what the heck is that ornament?!"
Deven: "I'm scared."

Jaxton: "It's better than the ugly tinsel you tried to put on it!"

Elodie: "I'm the sole reason this tree will look even remotely good."

Deven: "She's so beautiful."

Deven: "Hey pasty, I mean, Paisley, your eyes are more sprinkly... I mean... twinkly than any Winterfest lights."

Paisley: "Aww, you're so sweet, Deven!"

Jaxton: "What about my twinkly eyes?"

Paisley: "Why is my dad so embarrassing?"

Really, y'all? This is supposed to be a family get together!

Elodie: "Ah, young love. So sweet."

Paisley: "Your lips taste like candy canes. Have you been eating them?"

Deven: "Yeah... I only had one... not like I ate 20 in a row or anything... hehe."

The lights on the tree have been lit!

Jaxton: "They're so beautiful!"

Paisley: "I love the tree so much!"

Deven: "I can't wait to sneak back and eat the popcorn and cranberry decorations later!"

Elodie: "I can't wait for Deven to find out that the popcorn and cranberry decorations are plastic!"

Servo: "Are two sims partaking in public affection beside me?"

Servo: "Why won't you let me make out with the fireplace like that?"

Y'all stop that before you give Servo any more ideas with the fireplace.

Aaand no one listens to me.

Servo: "This is awkward, I'll just look away."

Paisley: "Hahahahaha! Deven, stop, you know I'm ticklish!"

Paisley: "Hahahahaha!"

Paisley: "Seriously, stop! I don't wanna accidentally kick you in the face!"

Deven: "Say what?"

Elodie: "That's a sight I'd love to see."

Paisley: "Why is Deven staring at my hair?"
Deven: *Her hair looks like blueberries... would she be mad if I tried to eat her hair?"

Deven: "Well, would you look at that, it's a mistletoe I found in the dumpster while I was napping."

Paisley: "Looks like we have to kiss now."

*Kiss*

Paisley: "By the way, the cookies on your jacket are making me hungry. Maybe we can make some gingerbread cookies later."

Deven: "Or, we could just use some scissors to cut out the cookies on my jacket and eat them."

Elodie: "Deven is by far the most dumb sim to ever exist and I'm living for it!"

Jaxton: "Does this guy know how literally anything works at all?"

Jax, you'd better stop that, I have a feeling that... someone... still believes in Father Winter.

Deven: "Hey, I believe in Father Winter!"

Wow, I'd have never guessed.

Seriously, what is going on in these schools?!

Paisley: "Please don't tell me that Deven is trying to eat a cookie that he cut out from his jacket."
Deven: "This cookie tastes horrible."

Jax, are you trying to make unnecessary purchases again?

Jaxton: "Who, me? Never! I'm an angel!"

This entire family needs supervision at all times.

Paisley: "Except me, because I'm smart, right?"

Sure...

The sky is pink!

I repeat: THE SKY IS PINK! (And gorgeous.)

Jaxton: "Thanks for being a good sport during the Winterfest tree decorating. I hope it wasn't too brutal."

Deven: "No, sir, I loved it!"

Jaxton: "Sir? No need for all that, call me Jax."

Deven: "Sorry sir... uh I mean, wax... I mean, Jax."

Jaxton: "You seem a bit absent-minded, and also a bit crazy. Looks like you'll fit in perfectly around here."

Deven: "Crazy? I couldn't tell you guys were crazy... that explains why Paisley can be a bit insane sometimes."

Paisley: "Let's get you into a bath, shall we?"

Landon: "I can't wait to open the Winterfest presents tomorrow!"

Elodie is practising her charisma skill once again.

Elodie: "No, sir, I cannot mix that many different combinations of juice together."

An N.A.P. inspector has come to check if the Parsons are complying with the new action plans that have been put into place.

Paisley: "Who's this, you ask, trash bag?"

Paisley: "She's the inspector lady! She's gonna realise that this is the most eco-friendly house in Evergreen Harbor and lower our bills for us!"

N.A.P. Inspector: "This lady is nuts. Is she seriously talking to a trash bag?"

Paisley: *Cough, cough* "How dare you-" *Cough* "Insult-" *Cough, cough* "My trash bag!"

Paisley: "The air may still be barely breathable, but at least there's new action plans in place to help make Evergreen Harbor a better place."

N.A.P. Inspector: "This Winterfest tree is better than mine."

Paisley: "Dang right it is."
Deven: "That lady's hair looks like bubblegum!"

Zhora: "If the N.A.P. Inspector doesn't lower our bills, can I kidnap her and take her to Sixam?"

No!

N.A.P. Inspector: "Hmm... interesting."

N.A.P. Inspector: "Looks like this place is complying with all the new neighborhood action plans, therefore, your bills will be lowered for this month. Keep up the good work."

Hooray! I knew the Parsons would pass the inspection!

It's Winterfest! Servo is busy making the grand meal breakfast before the Parsons wake up.

Servo: "BREAKFAST! GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!"

Wow, that meal looks amazing!

Looks like Cashie agrees.

Cashie: "Can I haz some?"

Elodie: "Ugh, get the cat away from my food!"

Deven stayed over for the night so he could spend Winterfest with the Parsons. Didn't he learn anything from the tree decorating? You're supposed to stay as far away as possible from the Parsons during Winterfest!

Paisley: "I can't wait to eat all this food!"

Deven: "Man... this is a lot of food. It's making me regret sneaking into the kitchen at 2am to eat that entire cake."

Servo: "How did you like the grand meal this year?"

Elodie: "It was delicious! You really outdid yourself this year, Servo."

Jaxton: "Are y'all excited to open the Winterfest presents?"

Paisley: "Nope, gifts and wrapping paper are so wasteful for the environment, right Deven?"
Deven: "Speak for yourself, I hope I got a rubber ducky that I can take a bath with, I love rubber duckies!"

Servo: "Let's get it poppin' up in here!" *Blows horn*

Elodie opened the first holiday cracker!

What did you find?

Elodie: "Seriously? There's literally nothing inside, not even candy. I wanted a plushie."

Deven: "There's plushies in the holiday crackers?! I want a plushie!"
Paisley: "Isn't he adorable?"

Jaxton: "Remember when we were that young and in love?"
Zhora: "I remember it like it was yesterday!"

Paisley: "This grand meal is amazing! I'm ready to go back for seconds already!"

Deven: "Why is that plate so shiny?"

It has finally started snowing in Evergreen Harbor!

I've been waiting for this for a while now!

Paisley: "Looks like you're having a hard time finishing your grand breakfast. It's like you snuck into the kitchen in the middle of the night and devoured a bunch of food."

Paisley: "Just kidding! Hahahahaha!"
Deven: *I thought I was busted for a moment.*

Deven: "I'm not full at all, I can finish this entire thing! Just give me a few hours."

Paisley: *He thinks I don't know what he did, how cute.*

Deven: "I've gotta open that holiday cracker and find out if there's a plushie inside."

BOOM!

Deven: "A candy!"

Deven: "It tasted awesome!"

Zhora: "The snow is so beautiful, it's kinda romantic, isn't it?"

Jaxton: "If you're asking for the romance master in me to come out, then say no more."

They're still so in love.

Even after all these years together.

Zhora: "Come here. I love you, I hope you don't get mad when you open your Winterfest present."

Paisley: "That sounds promising."

Speaking of presents, it's time to open them up!

It's no secret that Seasons is my favorite Sims 4 pack ever, I say it every chance I get, and this is why. I absolutely love watching the worlds transform during the seasons, each world is so different during each season. It's so gorgeous.

Paisley is opening the last holiday cracker!

BOOM!

She found a plushie! Hooray!

Elodie: "Maybe we can start a new collection!"

Don't remind me of the one we lost.

Deven: "You're so beautiful, I could kiss you all day."

Zhora: "Come on, why are y'all kissing during a Winterfest get together?!"

Weren't you and Jax just kissing outside less than 20 minutes ago?

The ol' dip kiss.

*2000 years later*

Paisley: "I really think everyone's gonna enjoy their gifts this year. They're all recycled from the dumpster, especially yours."

Deven: "Oh... great..."

Zhora: "A recycled pillow... great..."

Landon: "Some recycled toys? Awesome!"

Elodie: "I hope my gift isn't recycled."

Elodie: "Oh..."

Elodie: "Some old recycled bar cups..."

Paisley: "Aren't these recycled gifts awesome? Ho, ho, ho!"

Servo: "This is the best Winterfest ever, I'm not the only one who's disappointed by their gift for once!"

Elodie: "You're the one who's giving everyone recycled gifts from the dumpster?"

Jaxton: "Some recycled ice cream? Seriously?"

Elodie: "Wow, that's bad. You're making me appreciate my gift a lot more now."
Jaxton: "Your gift is still bad."

Paisley: "I wonder what it is."

Paisley: "If it's something plastic, I'm suing."

Paisley: "It's plastic. I'm calling my lawyer."

Deven: "Why does my gift feel so light?"

Deven: "Oh... it's a recycled toothbrush..."
Paisley: "Isn't it awesome? I found it while dumpster diving!"

Deven: "I love it! Recycling is the best!"
Paisley: "Heck yeah, it is!"

Deven: "Wait... a recycled toothbrush?"

Deven: "Does that mean someone else has brushed their teeth with it?!"

It took way too long for you to register that information.

Landon: "Mommy, do you think I could have a few more recycled toys?"

Elodie: "But you recieved lots of toys this year, Landon."

Landon: "Please, mommy... pleeease..."

Elodie: "Hmm..."

Elodie: "Oh, alright. I'll get just a few more."

Landon: "Thank you, mommy. You're the best!"

Elodie and Deven decided to warm up by the fireplace.

It may not be eco-friendly, but it's beautiful and warm.

The queen herself, Bella Goth, was seen walking around the neighborhood during Winterfest.

Zhora: "You mean to tell me that I'm not the queen of The Sims?"

No comments:

Post a Comment